Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had an 11.0 o3ds, i downgraded via fieldrunner to 10.4. After that I used menuhax as entrypoint.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically, whenever I used sysdowngrader it will give me this error

Delete the updates folder from your SD and make sure you have DL the proper one for your console and region (OLD for old, NEW for new) and copy back to SD.

Try again keeping in mind this:
This version of sysDowngrader (which is compatible with >9.2.0 systems) uses an unstable exploit, and because of this it may take many tries to work.

If sysDowngrader crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what's called a "partial downgrade" or "partial", which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of this page and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. Browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader.

You MUST downgrade with the correct pack for your console/region or you will BRICK.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I had an 11.0 o3ds, i downgraded via fieldrunner to 10.4. After that I used menuhax as entrypoint.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically, whenever I used sysdowngrader it will give me this error
Make sure you're using the right region pack and update sysDowngrader

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll downgrade to 2.1, but it won't be like other downgrades, you'll restore a backup from 2.1, install a9lh, then restore your system back. It's incredibly safe and easy now.

Well, to be honest i don't understand what you mean with "restore a backup from 2.1", but i'll read the tutorial when i get home.

Thanks!

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so as of now i have a9lh on my o3ds and my new 3ds all working fine.
in the begin its so difficult to understand,once you get it its not that difficult.
the only problem i have is with mario vs donkey kong tipping stars and another game,its start,but then in the menu of the game i dont see anything to push,i got an error,back to home menu.
what could that be,tried multiple cias
are nintendo games all working on a9lh or are there known problems with some of them?
the homebrew is also working fine and gba games also.
i gona keep my o3ds xl on gateway.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, to be honest i don't understand what you mean with "restore a backup from 2.1", but i'll read the tutorial when i get home.

Thanks!
You'll make a backup of your updated system, downgrade & install a9lh, then restore the backup so your system is like it was when you started, except with a9lh.

Reactions: trsoares

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll make a backup of your updated system, downgrade & install a9lh, then restore the backup so your system is like it was when you started, except with a9lh.

So the downgrade part (to 2.1) it's the same as when i downgraded my device to 9.2?

Thanks!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the downgrade part (to 2.1) it's the same as when i downgraded my device to 9.2?

Thanks!
Not quite. It doesn't "downgrade" to 2.1, but rather there is now a way to transfer a large portion of NAND from one 3ds to another, called the ctrnand. So a transferrable 2.1 ctrnand was created, and now we simply transfer it onto our 3ds. This can be compared to restoring a nand backup of 2.1, but from another 3ds.

redstarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well, that's a first (from what I have seen).

Out of curiosity and pardon the ignorance, why is it discouraged?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, that's a first (from what I have seen).

Out of curiosity and pardon the ignorance, why is it discouraged?
Because any reason we used emuNAND before was negated by what A9LH offers. Basically the only reason we used emuNAND before was to keep a system firmware that was exploitable while being able to play on the latest firmware (low fw sysNAND, updated emuNAND, less chance to accidentally update sysNAND) and to have brick protection. But now we have brick protection for sysNAND and we can update to the latest firmware and still have our arm9 and arm11 exploits.

Reactions: Quantumcat

redstarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
One last question, is there any glaring downside to upgrading my A9LH Sys 9.2.0 o3DS to the lastest firmware?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question, is there any glaring downside to upgrading my A9LH Sys 9.2.0 o3DS to the lastest firmware?
Other than no longer being able to boot arm9 payloads from HBL (Decrypt9 for example), but you can just do that at boot anyway.
Not really. Plus you can make a NAND backup before doing it in case you want to go back after

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not quite. It doesn't "downgrade" to 2.1, but rather there is now a way to transfer a large portion of NAND from one 3ds to another, called the ctrnand. So a transferrable 2.1 ctrnand was created, and now we simply transfer it onto our 3ds. This can be compared to restoring a nand backup of 2.1, but from another 3ds.

Whow!
This seems very simple, and a lot more safe that a "normal downgrade".
Definitely wanted to read all the tutorial now, and maybe get courage to finaly do.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!!!

So i asked about how to improve Luma3DS boot rate using Menuhax ( its no menu Hax that have problem with boot, its the Luma3DS it self ). But no one helped me out, i think there is no even a solution for hat. I told that i cant do ARM9.

Well. Here i'm to tell you guys my drama.

Long time ago i bricked my frinds New 3DS. What happen was that after downgrade to 2.1. Was not possible to make "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin" works. I meaning, Browser was not working. Was got a freeze doesnt matter what page was opened.

So i tried everything even clear browser etc etc. Everything was told me to and more. After no sucess at all i tried to get back to 9.2 and its bricked. Weeks after that i paid someone to hardmod and recovery this NEW 3DS. And i asked him to perform ARM9 for me. And he tried, tried to hard to end with same browser issue.

He tried and did a hardmod to 11.0. Downgrade to 9.2 and even did all step down to 2.1 again. Nothing solved this Browse Freeze issue.

So i can't just do ARM9 because the browser wont works in 2.1 even its working so well 9.2 and 11.0 emunand.

So my question its. There is any solution for this NEW 3DS?

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Nevermore,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So for some reason I can't get http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin during its step on Part 3 to work on the N3DS. I've tried many times.

So instead I used Cubic Ninja to get OTP.bin that I found from the old guide (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Cubic-Ninja-OTP ).

Would it be okay to install A9LH through the homebrew instead of the browser, if it's possible?
I don't think it would have any problem since it was on Plailect's guide before. Also thanks for quoting this out, I totally forgot about this, this would be a great alternative if there's no internet connection in the area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong