Hacking A9LH and GW Questions

Flavio Fearn

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, everyone! I'm new to forum and I have a O3DS with MenuHax/RXtools. And I want to install A9LH and Luma3ds too.
My question is: I'll have to do all the 3 steps on the tutorial to install A9LH? or can I go directly to part 3?
Another question: how about my games and saves that are on EmuNand, I'll lose then?

By the way: Sysnand on 9.2 and Emunand on 11.0.33.
Everything is working fine for me on MenuHax, except for online gaming. That always gives me and error to connect in Mario Kart 7 and Smash Bros.
In Bravely Default it works right, and E-shop demos, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by Flavio Fearn,

-Xin-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi, everyone! I'm new to forum and I have a O3DS with MenuHax/RXtools. And I want to install A9LH and Luma3ds too.
My question is: I'll have to do all the 3 steps on the tutorial to install A9LH? or can I go directly to part 3?
Another question: how about my games and saves that are on EmuNand, I'll lose then?

By the way: Sysnand on 9.2 and Emunand on 11.0.33.
Everything is working fine for me on MenuHax, except for online gaming. That always gives me and error to connect in Mario Kart 7 and Smash Bros.
In Bravely Default it works right, and E-shop demos, etc.

Thanks!
use a new sd card to install A9LH , that's what i did (the 4Go that came with N3ds).
Now using my 64 Go sd card with my old emunand. Didn't lose anything.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use a new sd card to install A9LH , that's what i did (the 4Go that came with N3ds).
Now using my 64 Go sd card with my old emunand. Didn't lose anything.

When installing A9LH, I should use a different mSD card than the one that has my current SysNAND/Gateway EmuNAND?

Also, when do I need to update sysnand/emunand?

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
When installing A9LH, I should use a different mSD card than the one that has my current SysNAND/Gateway EmuNAND?

Also, when do I need to update sysnand/emunand?
There's no need at all to use another SD card. But still it's recommendable to do these with yours:
1 - Backup all files from your SD card to your computer.
2 - Use Decrypt9 to backup emuNAND AND sysNAND at the start of plailect guide.

SuperCard DS Two with updated bootloader will run DS games on every 3DS version, Nintendo gave up on blocking it. The 9.2 limit applied to Super Card DS Two+ and their "gateway emulator".

After using A9LH you may update sysnand/emunand whenever you want. However don't ever do sysNAND update from gateway launcher in A9LH. If you want to update sysNAND do it from luma3ds.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no need at all to use another SD card. But still it's recommendable to do these with yours:
1 - Backup all files from your SD card to your computer.
2 - Use Decrypt9 to backup emuNAND AND sysNAND at the start of plailect guide.

SuperCard DS Two with updated bootloader will run DS games on every 3DS version, Nintendo gave up on blocking it. The 9.2 limit applied to Super Card DS Two+ and their "gateway emulator".

After using A9LH you may update sysnand/emunand whenever you want. However don't ever do sysNAND update from gateway launcher in A9LH. If you want to update sysNAND do it from luma3ds.

Ok thanks. Where do I get updated sc DSTwo boot loader? Also I need luma3ds? What is that?

How do I use decrypt9 to backup nands? Sorry, am new to all this. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok thanks. Where do I get updated sc DSTwo boot loader? Also I need luma3ds? What is that?

If you can use your SuperCard DS Two in sysNand above version 8 it's already updated ;)
Luma3DS is the CFW that plailect guide will tell you to use, so it's already linked there.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
How do I use decrypt9 to backup nands? Sorry, am new to all this. :P

If it wasn't changed from last time I've downloaded it on main menu of Decrypt9 you'll see "SysNAND Options" and "emuNAND Options", on both of them there will be a "xxxNAND Backup" (xxx being sys or emu), access this option to dump a backup of sysNand and a backup of emuNAND.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am home now and ready to take the A9LH plunge :)

Before I begin, I have several questions:

- When following the guides, how do I backup my SysNAND and EmuNAND?

-When switching use from SC DSTwo to Gateway, do I need to run the Gateway ROP Installer? I have that on my SC DSTwo and I can't run Gateway until that is ran first...

-In A9LH, can I still use my Gateway game saves?

- How do I access the Gateway Menu in A9LH (Menu where I can backup 3DS game carts, etc.)?

- I heard I need to use luma3ds CFW? What is that?

Thoughts/help on all this appreciated :)

Also, can someone kinda walk me through doing all this? Much appreciated :)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone kinda walk me through doing all this? Much appreciated :)

I am stuck on part 1 of guide (Decrypt9). Not sure what entrypoint I need... My 3DS is "New Version" and SysNAND is 9.0.0-20U...

Where do I start with installing A9LH? I am stuck on Part 1. Someone said I need homebrew launcher? How do I install that, it said I need a game? I am completely lost on all this :(

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone kinda walk me through doing all this? Much appreciated :)

I am stuck on part 1 of guide (Decrypt9). Not sure what entrypoint I need... My 3DS is "New Version" and SysNAND is 9.0.0-20U...

Where do I start with installing A9LH? I am stuck on Part 1. Someone said I need homebrew launcher? How do I install that, it said I need a game? I am completely lost on all this :(
Did you read the guide? Look in the table. The rows are the firmware version and the columns are whether you have a browser (there is an explanation above for working out if you have a browser or not). Simply match up the column and row relevant to you.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What all can A9LH do? Would I still need to use BootNTR? I mainly used BootNTR to backup physical game/cart saves to Gateway format. Thoughts appreciated :)
I had no idea BootNTR could be used to backup games, but you can use Decrypt9 to backup games. The Gateway menu also lts you backup games (but only in .3ds format, not .cia like Decrypt9 can do). For what A9LH can do, read the home page of the Plailect guide.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no idea BootNTR could be used to backup games, but you can use Decrypt9 to backup games. The Gateway menu also lts you backup games (but only in .3ds format, not .cia like Decrypt9 can do). For what A9LH can do, read the home page of the Plailect guide.

I used bootntr to backup physical game saves, not backup the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine