Gaming A way to pass the ambassadors program

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
even getting a used 3DS won't get you the ambassador freebies, at least not by a slim chance. most units sold used are formatted, meaning it loses everything in the system, and that potentially means once you connect to eShop that you'll be making a new account. i think it works that way because people can get new FCs by formatting their system. feel free to correct me on this though, but i think for the most part that's how it works.

so unless the used 3DS you got weren't wiped and have been enlisted to the ambassador program, your chances are nil.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
nano351 said:
suprgamr232 said:
It's not in any way possible. Maybe thats how the Wii Shop was, but that's DEFINITELY not how the eShop is. Just like sergster said, I can't set my date back a week from now and expect it to look like it did last week. It doesn't work that way. It will never work that way. If it did work that way? I would denounce Nintendo as an intelligent company and shoot myself in the foot. Your proof is irrelevant because the Wii Shop is an older and COMPLETELY different shop. Most likely it logs your 3DS ID in the server and the day you logged into the eShop, and by August 12th the server shuts down so anyone who didn't participate CAN'T participate, regardless of changing the date on your 3DS.
No one's actually provided any proof that any information about your system is transmitted to nintendo servers when you connect to eShop/download content. Changing your clock doesn't magically make content available, it removes internal blocks in the software stopping you from requesting the content. If the content is still on the servers then you could get it, if not then you can't.

There's very much reason for nintendo to have done the eShop totally different than the wii shop due to the vast piracy that occurred with the wii shop's setup. However until there's real proof presented that the eShop does function differently (logs of requests/data transferred) we can't know for certain how it functions and what is possible.

Obviously it DOES send console data to nintendo's servers as ALL titles you dl from them are console locked as in I cant take my SD card from my current 3DS and put it into another 3DS and hope to play all the games I have on my original one. The ONLY way to transfer content between 3DS's is to use the transfer tool in the sys settings which I assume revoke your current 3DS's rights to the titles and gives the new 3DS's access to the title. Plus the god damn EASIEST way to realize it send your unique console id to the server is that nintendo doesnt ask you for a log in id and password everytime you access the eshop. This shows each title is locked to YOUR specific console id and they DO store some id's on their server.
content can be encrypted with your console id as encryption key on your sd card or any other number of securities built into the system menu itself. Do you need internet access to run the downloaded titles on your 3ds? I sure as hell hope not. Also the system can simply remember your login details for you. Every modern browser does it. Don't take modern software at face value, much of everything anymore should be abstracted to keep the complicated underlying systems hidden from the user.

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan is already seeing a surge is used 3DS sales. Come post-ambassador program, I could see this making those early adopted 3DS systems highly desirable and considered collectors items (as long as Nintendo holds true to making those 10 GBA exclusives, truly exclusive).

As for the OP who seems to think he'll get in on the program after the end-date; I'm parking a lawn chair right here and waiting for the eventual lulz. This'll be sweet. 8)

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I set my watch back 5 hours, I can go back in time 5 hours! Why hasn't anyone thought of this?
I'm such a genius!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just saying the OP sounds like a 12 year old.

Off topic: Editing your damn post on me
glare.gif
Damn you Zantigo!

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
I did. Whatcha gonna do about it? 12 year old? Sure as hell looks like your 12 from your comics
evil.gif

I kid! Just saying the OP sounds like a 12 year old.
HEY! Those were made when I was 12 :U too lazy to upload recent stuff. That was a low blow my goodman...and I respect you more for it... and that shotgun wasnt even loaded...and the OP is a 12 year old...and I edited my post so you look crazy :3

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amassador program easily could be server side in which case Nintendo's shop server already logged what dates you accessed it and from which console hardware ID.

Luckily I bought mine for $249.99 so then I logged in and got all the ambassador info.

However I would not fret too much because they aren't giving away any 3D titles for free under this program and afaik all of the games they are giving away, you can already run off of your Acekard 2i on your 3DS console so none of us are really missing out on anything if we did not get ambassador.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's deffinitely server side as they have a database of of system IDs that are eligible. I really doubt they would have such and not use it to prevent people from getting free games that don't deserve them.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
Amassador program easily could be server side in which case Nintendo's shop server already logged what dates you accessed it and from which console hardware ID.

Luckily I bought mine for $249.99 so then I logged in and got all the ambassador info.

However I would not fret too much because they aren't giving away any 3D titles for free under this program and afaik all of the games they are giving away, you can already run off of your Acekard 2i on your 3DS console so none of us are really missing out on anything if we did not get ambassador.

Except for all of those GBA games.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, Nintendo only uses the internal clock for things they don't really care about, like animal crossing..nobody cares if you cheat in animal crossing.
The ambassador program on the other hand is going to cost Nintendo money and is a way to reward those who bought the system early, in other words their not gonna let anyone who didn't pay full price have them... Nintendo isn't stupid

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
even getting a used 3DS won't get you the ambassador freebies, at least not by a slim chance. most units sold used are formatted, meaning it loses everything in the system, and that potentially means once you connect to eShop that you'll be making a new account. i think it works that way because people can get new FCs by formatting their system. feel free to correct me on this though, but i think for the most part that's how it works.

so unless the used 3DS you got weren't wiped and have been enlisted to the ambassador program, your chances are nil.
A formatted system won't make a difference in this case. The moment you connect to the eShop, your unique Serial # on the sticker located at the bottom of the device is logged server side. Formatting never changes this number, no matter the circumstances.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
w60664 said:
you seriously think you can outsmart a whole company?
I see you haven't met Microsoft, yet. They have exploits galore.
or any large company ever, including nintendo? With a software project sufficiently large scale enough it'd be seemingly impossible to find and smash every potential exploit and throw in that with sufficiently popular technologies (windows OS, wii, etc) there's many orders of magnitude more people trying to find the wholes than there were internally for the company.

Gloris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
altho the content is supposed to be exclusive for early adopters....we are talking about this on a hacking community site.....some day, even if nintendo stick to their word and don't make these available to the rest of us late adopters.....i'm sure the content will find it's way to us eventually....

so for now, if you are a late adopter, like me, settle for the fact that you got the system neearly half price, and quit worrying about the freebies that the early adopters are getting?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: