A way to pass the ambassadors program

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by uriyasama, Aug 4, 2011.

Aug 4, 2011
  1. uriyasama
    OP

Newcomer uriyasama Advanced Member

United States
    I think I might have found a way to get the 20 free games after the 12th of August.
    Don't bash me for saying that but there were quite a few times I have noticed that nintendo used the system internal clock and calender instead of real timed one, for example : I remember when nintendo released the Wiiware demos I missed the chance to download them and somewhy I tried to change the date back. The demos were in the Wii Shop Channel after changing the date back.
    same goes for Animal Crossing : City Folk's limited time dlc.

I suspect nintendo uses the nintendo 3ds's internal calender for checking whether you're eligable to download the free game or not. and maybe for downloading the games too (although they might have pushed their availability date to september because they haven't emulated them yet).

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Nope. The games won't start distributing UNTIL the date. The internal clock has no effect.

3. uriyasama
    OP

United States
    Yea, but to be able to download the games for free you gotta enter the E-Shop at least once before the 12th of august and people that wanna buy it after the discount wouldn't be able to get those for free

4. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    in addition, the whole program is based on the fact you that you are connecting "that" system to the nintendo eShop prior to 12 aug.

my guess is that they are capturing the system id on "thier" servers. after 01 sep, if you log in, they do a verify and if your system id is in their db list, you get access to a page in the eShop with the titles. in addition, all of the transactions are tied to that system's id

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Ohh... Actually, the internal clock still doesn't matter, as the servers have their own unchangeable clocks.

You're clock would make no difference.

6. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    It doesn't matter what your 3DS internal clock says, the only way to get the ambassador status is to log into the eshop before the actual date of August 12th. Once Nintendo pulls the plug on their end, it won't matter what date your 3DS says.

If your logic were true, I'd change the clock and calendar on my computer to Sept 9 and go buy me Starfox right now.

7. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    F...A...I...L...

8. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    I personally stopped reading when you gave the example of a Wiiware demo...

9. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Nintendo's not that stupid.

10. uriyasama
    OP

United States
    The thing is, I suspect their servers are adding the 3DS to the list according to the 3DS internal clock.
    And I know it dosen't sound right but nintendo already made that "mistake" at least twice on the Wiiware demos and AC why won't they make that mistake again?

11. machomuu

United States
    Doubt it, they probably do it by the date in which you connected your 3DS to the internet.

12. uriyasama
    OP

United States
    so what is your explenation to getting the animal crossing limited time dlc by reversing the wii's calender?

13. machomuu

United States
    I don't have one, as it's unrelated.

14. uriyasama
    OP

United States
    Why are you turning down the proofs I give to you?
    I'm telling you nintendo has done this mistake already in the past and you won't listen to me [​IMG]

15. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Those were old days, besides, Nintendo eShop will log your Systems MAC Address or something (like someone above mentioned) then on 1st Sept they'll check their database if that MAC Address has been registered, if so then they'd probably get a special page.

+ I think when we login on 11th August, we may get a SpotPass Notification. The date thing is irrelevant in this case.

16. VLinh

Member VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    How do I apply for the ambassadors's program? Since I registered my 3DS to Club nintendo, linked to the Nintendo eShop, am I already in the program or do I have to go online and register?

Thanks!

17. uriyasama
    OP

United States
    4 years isn't too long ago they could have used the same method back then
    I am aware that it is not realy likely to work, but I don't think they would fix their mistake.

18. sergster1

Member sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcuJgZ8ccUE[/youtube]

Theres your answer.

19. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    I think you should stop flaming this guy... he's got a good theory, at least a lot better than all those noobs with 'omg, i think i can ha the wii u' threads.

Though it is very unlikely to happen (they'll probably have learnt from their mistakes) it is still a possibility. And actually, thinking about it, the AC DLC and wii ware etc. was proably deliberate as it gets them more money (you still have to pay).

20. sergster1

Member sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No dude. Its not gonna work. If you connect to the eshop TODAY it will confirm you are an ambassador. Now I did not receive this message yesterday.(a wednesday) The eshop is updated EVERY thursday according to nintendo's server ie i cant set the date ahead to a thursday 4 months from now and expect to have those items ready to download neither can i set the date BACK a week and expect the layout to be the one of that eshop update (the layout seems to change weekly). This proves that nintendo is doing this via their own clock. And i can assure you if you connect on the friday of next week if you dont connect at all between the period of now and next week you will not get any ambassador notification (located in the news section of the eshop)