outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would like to request the addition of a "Thanks" Button,
What it would do is, under where it tells us out post count, it could haved "Thanked "Insert number" Times.
And at the bottom of every post somewhere, have a thanks button.

Each time a user finds the post helpful, they thank them by clicking the button, this then will update the part under your post count as i suggest earlier.

I suggest this, as it will show the members post count correct, but it will also, if added show how many thanks the user has got, showing there helpfulness.
this will show that despite a users high post count, it well display the depth and helpfullness that the user contains in there post, this sounds like a good idea to me, and i would like to see this content added, or atleast taking into consideration.

D

Deleted_171835

Hurr Durr. I wouldn't like this. Certain users who don't have the time to help everyone will be considered less 'worthy' then other less knowledgeable people who try to help people.

I remember a feature like this at that lame 'TalkPrizes' forum.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I think it's a bad idea, because it could cause resentment/ill-feeling due to not being thanked when you feel you should of been

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This idea will not raise my postcount!
smileipb2.png

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hatsu said:
This idea will not raise my postcount!
smileipb2.png

From your replys to this thread, i believe it is raising your post count!
I guess your right, people may not get thanked when they should of been, but thats up to the readers.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hatsu said:
outgum said:
I guess your right, people may not get thanked when they should of been, but thats up to the readers.
Just thanking them while posting is more visible as well. The people being thanked might not know if it's under their postcount.
unsure.gif
Obvious postwhore is obvious XD
It would be pretty stand out being under your post count, everyone notices there post count, and it would stand out, so im sure everyone would notice eventually.

Hatsu

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outgum said:
Hatsu said:
outgum said:
Just thanking them while posting is more visible as well. The people being thanked might not know if it's under their postcount.
unsure.gif
Obvious postwhore is obvious XD
It would be pretty stand out being under your post count, everyone notices there post count, and it would stand out, so im sure everyone would notice eventually.
You sure?
unsure.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Why the fuck are so many people obsessed with a thanks button? Are you really looking for gratification from the Internet?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Law said:
Why the fuck are so many people obsessed with a thanks button? Are you really looking for gratification from the Internet?

Law, As you currently know, your opinion means nothing to me. BUT, yes, it would be nice to have some gratification from the forum, To see that some members of the forum are actually grateful for the effort some people put into there posts. It will also show you the knowledge a person has, cause it will show members that are new how realible a members advice may be? and that there a sort of "Guru"?

Its just an idea in the making guys....

Hatsu

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outgum said:
Law said:

Law, As you currently know, your opinion means nothing to me. BUT, yes, it would be nice to have some gratification from the forum, To see that some members of the forum are actually grateful for the effort some people put into there posts. It will also show you the knowledge a person has, cause it will show members that are new how realible a members advice may be? and that there a sort of "Guru"?

Its just an idea in the making guys....
Now I see!
yay.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
outgum said:
Law said:

Law, As you currently know, your opinion means nothing to me. You say that as though you think I somehow care. BUT, yes, it would be nice to have some gratification from the forum, To see that some members of the forum are actually grateful for the effort some people put into there posts Like who? FAST? People always thank him for shit, might as well just have a huge fucking button on the main page that says "Thank FAST!" that just sends him an email with a picture of a thumbs up every time it's clicked.. It will also show you the knowledge a person has Less than 60% of GBAtemp actually seem to know what they're talking about., cause it will show members that are new how realible a members advice may be? and that there a sort of "Guru"? Nope. Idiots thank idiots, and the ignorant stay ignorant. Nothing will change, people will still make shitty posts with inaccurate information, people will still use inaccurate information and cry when things don't work.

Just because one forum you go on has something, doesn't mean another needs it.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Idiots thank idiots, and the ignorant stay ignorant.
This. A thanks button will reward people that don't know what they're talking about and post 10 times in every thread that's asking for help over people that do know what they're talking about and just post the right answer to begin with.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
I would have to be against this addition as well... because... when forums start adding this you get people saying "+Thanks me if my post help" at the end of every post they make or in their signature and it gets very very annoying after a while... it's like the people are only posting just so they can get their times thanked number higher rather then actually wanting to contribute to the community.

Hatsu

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raing3 said:
I would have to be against this addition as well... because... when forums start adding this you get people saying "+Thanks me if my post help" at the end of every post they make or in their signature and it gets very very annoying after a while... it's like the people are only posting just so they can get their times thanked number higher rather then actually wanting to contribute to the community.
That would be very annoying. Nintendo Forums, anyone?

Goddamn "Kudos!".
dry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: