Hacking A tale of PSNDL, ReactPSN and "Why the @%£@%@ doesn't it work?"

Deleted member 42501

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Messages
1,724
Reaction score
1,131
Trophies
2
XP
4,259
Righto folks, first off I grabbed The Secret Of Monkey Island from PSNDL complete with its RAP file (ch ch check out my melody!), copied the PKG across to the root of the MS, put the RAP into \exdata folder, installed the PKG, ran ReactPSN (tried with L1, X, O - no joy) and still it comes up with the "Need to activate via PSN" screen when I try to run Monkey Island.

Now I've never had this issue before, ReactPSN appears to be correctly configured with the AA user and its worked on another title before so what gives here?

Mucho gracias amigos.
 
Righto folks, first off I grabbed The Secret Of Monkey Island from PSNDL complete with its RAP file (ch ch check out my melody!), copied the PKG across to the root of the MS, put the RAP into \exdata folder, installed the PKG, ran ReactPSN (tried with L1, X, O - no joy) and still it comes up with the "Need to activate via PSN" screen when I try to run Monkey Island.

Now I've never had this issue before, ReactPSN appears to be correctly configured with the AA user and its worked on another title before so what gives here?

Mucho gracias amigos.


You don't need to press any buttons when opening reactpsn. Log in with reactpsn. Change user account name to aa. Then put USB in to drive. Then open reactpsn. Don't press anything. PS3 will reboot. That's it
 
You don't need to press any buttons when opening reactpsn. Log in with reactpsn. Change user account name to aa. Then put USB in to drive. Then open reactpsn. Don't press anything. PS3 will reboot. That's it

Hold up, maybe I'm not getting the instructions but you're saying I should:

Switch to the ReactPSN user account (which was originally created as AA and now shows ReactPSN and some info)
Change the username of the account I'm in back to AA
Insert USB in the slot nearest to the drive
Open ReactPSN
PS3 reboots
Commence monkeying?

Strange as I didn't have to do anything like that last time I used a RAP? Also does it matter which region you grab as Monkey Island is only USA and my machine is PAL.
 
I feel you man. I have no idea how I got it working either.
After I installed latest rebug it started magically working...
 
I just tried that and still got the same issue, for what its worth my machine isn't connected to the net, has never gone online and thus doesn't have a PSN account - could this be causing the issue?
For psnpatch you do need to have logged in at least once.
 
Just run psnpatch before logging in.
Install the plugin too while you're at it.

Thanks, if I were to just convert the game to an ISO would that circumvent all of this potential hassle as I have no internet connection at home or are there any alternative ways of making it work?
 
Thanks, if I were to just convert the game to an ISO would that circumvent all of this potential hassle as I have no internet connection at home or are there any alternative ways of making it work?
If you do then yes you don't have do deal with activating.
 
Oh man I miss those days. Before I ever even touched online with "Rogero 4.50" that I used all the time then, I used PSNinja and PSNPatch to make sure my console looked clean. PSNinja to clear, fake, and make the game boot up list read only and psnpatch to disable sys calls. That should give you a fair chance at not getting banned. For the 3 years that I used that thing online, I never got banned from psn.

As others said, It doe need to be signed in atleast once. Not the ReactPSN account... But the main one you'd be using
 
Last edited by Lumince,
Oh man I miss those days. Before I ever even touched online with "Rogero 4.50" that I used all the time then, I used PSNinja and PSNPatch to make sure my console looked clean. PSNinja to clear, fake, and make the game boot up list read only and psnpatch to disable sys calls. That should give you a fair chance at not getting banned. For the 3 years that I used that thing online, I never got banned from psn.

As others said, It doe need to be signed in atleast once. Not the ReactPSN account... But the main one you'd be using
Psnpatch does all that now.
 

Site & Scene News