Hacking a strange problem with tikdevil eshop.....?

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i recently installed tikdevil and all the games that i wanted have been turned into 'redownload'. But the problem is that whether i choose download now or later,the download fails in the end. I set 8 games to be 'redownloaded' from the eshop on download later and only 3 were installed, and all were free (pokemon rumble world,pokemon shuffle and nintendo badge arcade) for the rest it gave an error saying that please start fresh downloads....etc...
any solutions? i dont wanna use cias because they need twice the space. I have assured a working internet and enough space on my sd card.
A9lh luma3ds o3ds 10.7

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CIAngel has a "Direct Install" mode (Accessed by pressing L), which doesn't create a CIA on the SD card.
FBI also has an "Install and Delete" option if you download from the CDN as CIAs and install them manually.

The eShop doesn't really give any information on what's gone wrong, so debugging is extremely difficult when using the method you are.

You also haven't provided any of the failing titles, so nobody would be able to attempt to reproduce this even if they wanted to...

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
CIAngel has a "Direct Install" mode (Accessed by pressing L), which doesn't create a CIA on the SD card.
FBI also has an "Install and Delete" option if you download from the CDN as CIAs and install them manually.

The eShop doesn't really give any information on what's gone wrong, so debugging is extremely difficult when using the method you are.

You also haven't provided any of the failing titles, so nobody would be able to attempt to reproduce this even if they wanted to...
the faililing titles were super smash bros ,legend of legacy,stella glow,rune factory4 and bravely default.
the error code i got was 007-6106

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you previously installed those titles as CIAs from that ISO site, or from torrents or some such? Perhaps you have a bad titlekey on your 3ds that is causing issues.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll most likely have bad tickets on your system then. You can use FBI to remove tickets from previously installed "bad" CIAs, until those are removed (And the good tickets reinstalled) the titles won't download properly from the eShop or anywhere that uses correct titlekeys.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You'll most likely have bad tickets on your system then. You can use FBI to remove tickets from previously installed "bad" CIAs, until those are removed (And the good tickets reinstalled) the titles won't download properly from the eShop or anywhere that uses correct titlekeys.
how do i remove bad tickets with fbi?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to be running the newer version, go to the Tickets menu, find the ticket based on the titleid (Make absolute sure you have the right ticket selected, you can break things if you delete a system ticket) and delete it.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and btw @Drakia ciangel keeps telling me that cant connect to internet whenver i wanna install cias from queoe
That's a little weird, are you running it as CIA or 3dsx? How many things are in your queue? Have you put the 3ds to sleep at all between adding things to the queue and processing the queue? Did you put your 3ds to sleep after starting the queue?

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
That's a little weird, are you running it as CIA or 3dsx? How many things are in your queue? Have you put the 3ds to sleep at all between adding things to the queue and processing the queue? Did you put your 3ds to sleep after starting the queue?
whoops that was my bad forget it. now there is just one last thing that i need to know- do i still need to delete the bad tickets to install the games from ciangel? or is it just for the eshop?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whoops that was my bad forget it. now there is just one last thing that i need to know- do i still need to delete the bad tickets to install the games from ciangel? or is it just for the eshop?
It's from anywhere, good tickets don't overwrite bad tickets in any currently released homebrew (To my knowledge)

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
deleting the tickets did the trick, thanks @Drakia and @squee666 !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im sorry guys but there is one more thing i wanna know- how do i know the full name of titles in ciangel?
i wanna install shin megami tensei devil survivor 2 record breaker but on searching for it in ciangel i get 4 entries which might be relevant for me-
shin megami tensei devil...
now how do i know which is which? i mean it can be devil survivor overclocked and devil survivor record breaker..
what do i do?

Reactions: Ricken

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The easiest way at the moment is to compare the Serial for the game. Go to this site and find the game you want: http://www.3dsdb.com/ (There's no copyrighted content there, it's just a release list. It also is rather slow to update, and only contains scene releases, so won't have every game).
Look at the "serial" column. The serial we show in CIAngel also indicates whether it's DLC, an update, or a game, so for Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, the serial on 3dsdb is "CTR-ADXE" for the US release (The only one currently available through CIAngel). In CIAngel this will show up as "CTR-N-ADXE" for the full game.

The serial number will always be [AAA]-[B ]-[CCCC]
Where:
[AAA] is either CTR, TWL (DSiWare) or KTR (I believe KTR is N3DS only titles? Not sure)
[B ] is N or P for a full game, T for a demo, U for an update, and M for DLC.
[CCCC] is the game-unique identifier.

This makes it relatively easy to pick out which title you want to download from the list, even if you can't see the full title. So for Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, right now you would need to download the US release, and just look for "CTR-N-ADXE"

Last edited by Drakia,
Reactions: Natural

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The easiest way at the moment is to compare the Serial for the game. Go to this site and find the game you want: http://www.3dsdb.com/ (There's no copyrighted content there, it's just a release list. It also is rather slow to update, and only contains scene releases, so won't have every game).
Look at the "serial" column. The serial we show in CIAngel also indicates whether it's DLC, an update, or a game, so for Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, the serial on 3dsdb is "CTR-ADXE" for the US release (The only one currently available through CIAngel). In CIAngel this will show up as "CTR-N-ADXE" for the full game.

The serial number will always be [AAA]-[B ]-[CCCC]
Where:
[AAA] is either CTR, TWL (DSiWare) or KTR (I believe KTR is N3DS only titles? Not sure)
[B ] is N or P for a full game, T for a demo, U for an update, and M for DLC.
[CCCC] is the game-unique identifier.

This makes it relatively easy to pick out which title you want to download from the list, even if you can't see the full title. So for Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, right now you would need to download the US release, and just look for "CTR-N-ADXE"[/B][/B]
wow thanks man!

Reactions: Drakia

smogger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to run today the latest version of tikdevil.

Ended up downloading 0 tickets.

IMG_3891.JPG

Thanks.

Reactions: Undi

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried to run today the latest version of tikdevil.

Ended up downloading 0 tickets.
The site TikDevil uses for its ticket database has changed domains, and removed the main index on the old site. The author of the app will need to update it to use the new domain. Until a new version is out, tickets won't be downloadable with TikDevil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.