Hacking A simple GUI for FunKiiU "FunKii-UI"

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I read it, but I could not make it. I try on virtual machine on windows late. Tks
Honestly I would start by downloading and installing the recommended TCL package here http://www.activestate.com/activetc....0.298892-macosx10.5-i386-x86_64-threaded.dmg. After you install that, if it still doesn't work, re-install python using their official installer for MacOS here https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/ If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to try, I don't own a Mac. Sounds like my above suggestions should work.

Last edited by dojafoja,

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry for being such a noob. How do I run gui.py? I know nothing about this sort of thing but I despertely need a tik file for a game I can't install :C

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for being such a noob. How do I run gui.py? I know nothing about this sort of thing but I despertely need a tik file for a game I can't install :C
If you are on Windows and have Python installed you should be able to double click gui.py to launch. If you are on Linux or Mac, you should already have Python installed (its usually bundled with these) then open a shell and navigate to the path where you have gui.py and run
Code:
python gui.py

What is the title ID of the game you are trying to install?

Uz1dud3

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi when i start up funkii and go to downloads there is always no selection box for me to pick any games. ;(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get a white bar below the box

And the python says this

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi when i start up funkii and go to downloads there is always no selection box for me to pick any games. ;(

I get a white bar below the box

And the python says this
Its a problem with *that key site* and the JSON it provides. Generally just give it a few minutes and try again.

Also, you need to remove that screenshot that contains the link to the key site! Its not allowed to post that here.

Edit: Just checked and its working again. It goes down periodically.

Last edited by dojafoja,

Kiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can install any game for my region with the brazilian method without any problem IF I choose only games from the list that shows when "Only show items with a legit ticket" is selected, right?

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Amjak

mugillagurilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been reading this thread and can't find the solution to my problem.. probably something dumb, I'm sure, but please help

windows 10/python 3/FunKiiU 2.1.5

upon install, I entered "that key site" and terminal output reads:

Correct key site, now saving...
done saving, you are good to go!
Downloading/updating data from "that key site"
Could not download file...

*Attempt 2 or 3

*Attempt 3 of 3

ERROR: Could not download data file...

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
been reading this thread and can't find the solution to my problem.. probably something dumb, I'm sure, but please help

windows 10/python 3/FunKiiU 2.1.5

upon install, I entered "that key site" and terminal output reads:

Correct key site, now saving...
done saving, you are good to go!
Downloading/updating data from "that key site"

*Attempt 2 or 3

*Attempt 3 of 3

ERROR: Could not download data file...
This is due to *that key site* being down. It should be working now. That site does seem to go down frequently but usually is up and running again fairly shortly. Just wait a few minutes and try again if that ever happens again.

Deniii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same error as mugillagurilla and *that key site* is not down because I can access it using Firefox.
Is there another way to get the file FunKii-UI is trying to download?

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting the same error as mugillagurilla and *that key site* is not down because I can access it using Firefox.
Is there another way to get the file FunKii-UI is trying to download?
Just because the main site is working doesn't mean the json portion is working. To see if that site is working properly, try navigating to thatkeysite.com/JSON
If it loads the json in your browser then its working. If not, then it's 'down'. For some reason it goes 'down' a lot lately. But its always temporary and works again after a short while. Sorry but there is no other way to obtain the file. You can try manually entering the title id and titlekey into the app but if you are trying to auto grab an online ticket it will fail since the core FunKiiU app also relies on that generated Json from that key site

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
A question I already made on WiiU USB Helper:
in the eshop information, there is some field "type" or similar? I mean, type SNES VC, NES, VC, WiiU Downloadable, etc

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A question I already made on WiiU USB Helper:
in the eshop information, there is some field "type" or similar? I mean, type SNES VC, NES, VC, WiiU Downloadable, etc
I don't see any way of identifying those titles. Is there a remote db anywhere that has this info? It doesn't look like there is any kind of pattern in the title ID to identify the title 'type' outside of what we are already doing. If I could find a way to include those options I would happily do it. If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me but I don't think it's possible.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little more info would be useful. Can you post a screenshot of the traceback error? Right click gui.py and select Edit in IDLE. Once open hit F5 to run the app and respond back with the error message.

It doesn't usually traceback, though it has sometimes. It usually just randomly stops with no error. I've made progress figuring it out. When I run it through Idle, it runs in Python 3.4.4 and looks good. When I just double click it, it runs in Python 2.7.9 and will freeze after just a few files. Is there a way to make it work in Python2, or should I set up the computer to default to 3 somehow?

And does it really need so much CPU? It's coming in at over 31%. It can't possible need all that for downloading. USB helper uses under 1% and downloads much faster.

Last edited by Slartibartfast42,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...