Homebrew A Request

Eymas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yo. i have a question for someone who can do advanced Homebrew design.

I want to have an Replacing OS for my R4 Original.
The demands:
Game booting,
Homebrew booting.
Automatic boot of an Mp3 player when clicking on an .MP3 (need a good Mp3 player besides Moonshell)
when clicking on a JPG automatic boot of Imgview and showing picture,
GBA boot and a button for going to the main menu of the DS
If it can: on the place on the analog clock a mini Mp3 player or image viewer.

i already made a screenshot of how it must look like:
Top screen
scrMenu1.jpg
(the [edit] is a little mistake.)
Bottom
scrMenu2.jpg

you can edit what you want as long as this form is held. colors can be decided by you.
- you can choose the analog or digital clock, what you like best!

IMPORTANT: it needs to be a replacement OS.

Anyway. if you don't want to make one and advise one to me. feel free to mail me!
PS. i don't like DSi Styled menu's. they are much used and that makes it less brilliant.

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
have you ever thought of doing it yourself as this is the reply your going to get from this thread, secondly there are already several replacement styles for the R4 in which my recommendation for you would be the Moonshell 2/YSmenu combo, as it is able to do every one of your requests. In the future keep in mind this forum is not a place to expect people to respond to your requests as if we are here as a community to create homebrew for you. If this is what you are expecting then i suggest now that you find another forum as you will be assimilated and reused as plate hulling for the portal.

moogle.gif

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
firmwares cant just be easily 'replaced', only those who know how the flashcart works front and back can do that. In other words, you're asking a whole lot here. Currently, the ONLY replacement firmware you can use for the r4 is YSMenu, just as James_Wulfe said. it's quite updated and more stable than r4s original firmware so I advise to use that

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i suggest YSmenu as it seems the most stable and i have heard a lot of good things about it.

p.s just a guess here but to make it yourself i think you would need, intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the said flash cart, a reasonable knowledge of programming in what ever format is needed and a few people to help, all in all not worth it when there already are very descent replacements to choose from

all the best
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER