Hacking a 'real' wbfs windows port

  • Thread starter Thread starter gibbed
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 115,703
  • Replies Replies 217
Viro said:
hmm seems when I try to open this file, it gives me an error message and prompts me to send an error report. am I missing some files? Also if I open the normal wbfs file (that requires typing codes) it just opens and then closes right away.

You shouldn't be trying to open wbfs_win--it can only be accessed via command prompt.

If you want to use the wbfsgui, put it in the same folder as wbfs_win then open wbfsgui up.
 
kongsnutz said:
Calimero.........


the GUI never sees my iso at all.

i point it to the ISO folder which has a few .iso files in it and nothing shows up at all.

Dunno what's wrong

Your file name is probably too long. Rename it with no spaces. ie: mariokart.iso
 
xdanx said:
kongsnutz said:
Calimero.........


the GUI never sees my iso at all.

i point it to the ISO folder which has a few .iso files in it and nothing shows up at all.

Dunno what's wrong

Your file name is probably too long. Rename it with no spaces. ie: mariokart.iso


Nah that aint it my file is COD.iso LOL
 
^^^I'm having the same issue. I can't view what's on the drive (I've dumped Wii Sports and Resident Evil 4 via original discs through the Wii)

And just like you, I browse to a directory with an ISO in it (Guitar Hero: Metallica renamed to ghm.iso) And it just does nothing?
 
kongsnutz said:
xdanx said:
kongsnutz said:
Calimero.........


the GUI never sees my iso at all.

i point it to the ISO folder which has a few .iso files in it and nothing shows up at all.

Dunno what's wrong

Your file name is probably too long. Rename it with no spaces. ie: mariokart.iso


Nah that aint it my file is COD.iso LOL

Maybe the folder name. I used Wii IOS as the folder name then showed nothing in it. However, after changing it to WiiISO, some ioses w/o space in their names did show up.
 
Great work on the GUI. I was actually thinking something very similiar. How were you able to get the batch file log. I tried everything I could think of:

> batchfile
batchfile >>log.txt

It would create a log file but it would not capture the results of wbfs_win.exe.

Anyhow, keep up the work.
 
I get this eror with the gui "Exception Processing Messgae c000000a3 Parameters 75b6bf7c ......" but when i press cancel the gui pops up.
Any ideas?

Cheers
 
well I managed to get the program to run, but when I tried to select the drive, it gave me an error and quit on me. now when I try to open the program again, it just shoots me right to the error again.
 
Is this GUI only for gibber's version that requires a drive letter? Or can it be used with the cygwin version too?
I formatted my HDD via USB Loader v1 in the Wii so there is no drive letter when I plug it in to my PC.
 
The gui displays whats on my hdd no problems

Just doesn't see the iso's on my computer.


folder layout:

wbfsgui > wbfsgui.exe, wbfs_win.exe, boot.dol, icon.png, cod.iso

so as you can see it's all in wbfsgui folder and the iso is cod.iso


i have no idea
 
same problem here, i'll wait for a new version
command line now
biggrin.gif
 
kongsnutz said:
The gui displays whats on my hdd no problems

Just doesn't see the iso's on my computer.


folder layout:

wbfsgui > wbfsgui.exe, wbfs_win.exe, boot.dol, icon.png, cod.iso

so as you can see it's all in wbfsgui folder and the iso is cod.iso


i have no idea

I mean the folder which you stored your isoes. Before I changed the name of the folder(Wii ISO), the gui displays the folder perfectly but no isoes in it. So, I changed the folder name to WiiISO w/o space between Wii and ISO, that how I managed it to work.
 
kongsnutz said:
The gui displays whats on my hdd no problems

Just doesn't see the iso's on my computer.


folder layout:

wbfsgui > wbfsgui.exe, wbfs_win.exe, boot.dol, icon.png, cod.iso

so as you can see it's all in wbfsgui folder and the iso is cod.iso


i have no idea

i had the same problem i just moved the folder i had my iso to my C drive and now it works find

it now just C:\wiiiso instead of having on my desktop the whole thing might have been to long not just the game name
 
I know what you meant.

my ios's are in the same folder as the app which is wbfsgui.

i also tried putting them in a folder called WiiISO just too see and still nothing


would help if you said where you actually keep the gui like what folder and where on the pc maybe
 
kongsnutz said:
The gui displays whats on my hdd no problems

Just doesn't see the iso's on my computer.


folder layout:

wbfsgui > wbfsgui.exe, wbfs_win.exe, boot.dol, icon.png, cod.iso

so as you can see it's all in wbfsgui folder and the iso is cod.iso


i have no idea

same problem here
 
kongsnutz said:
I know what you meant.

my ios's are in the same folder as the app which is wbfsgui.

i also tried putting them in a folder called WiiISO just too see and still nothing


would help if you said where you actually keep the gui like what folder and where on the pc maybe

folder layout: "wbfs" folder on desktop->wbfsgui.exe, wbfs_win.exe; F:/WiiISO->isoes.
 
kongsnutz said:
I know what you meant.

my ios's are in the same folder as the app which is wbfsgui.

i also tried putting them in a folder called WiiISO just too see and still nothing


would help if you said where you actually keep the gui like what folder and where on the pc maybe


the folder with the gui is still on my desktop like this C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\wbfs

i just have the gui, wbfs_win.exe and the bat file in it
 
I've been making little .bat files in notepad to install games..... so yeh the command line works just gui is weird for me


p.s to anyone that wants one:

open notepad and write

Code:
wbfs_win g add image.iso
pause

save as install.bat in same folder as wbfs_win.exe

replace g with your drive letter and rename any iso files you want to install to image.iso and put it in the same folder as wbfs_win.exe

when you click the .bat it'll install image.iso to your wii hdd and then ask you to press a button to finish



Posts merged

Fleeman said:
kongsnutz said:
I know what you meant.

my ios's are in the same folder as the app which is wbfsgui.

i also tried putting them in a folder called WiiISO just too see and still nothing


would help if you said where you actually keep the gui like what folder and where on the pc maybe


the folder with the gui is still on my desktop like this C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\wbfs

i just have the gui, wbfs_win.exe and the bat file in it



What .bat file? i never got one with the gui or wbfs_win.exe??
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted