Hacking A Question on the triple boot m3 real startup...?

gunns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI, just a quick question,

is it reccommended to activate (or leave as it is default on mine) the disc check loading when you turn your ds on,
the one how it scans and checks all files?

because I dont know if it would be reccommended to turn it off or to leave it on?
thanks

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
well, i think it really is not needed, even tough it is something new and neat.

If it does not slow your boot too much for you, keep it on, if you do not want it, then take it off. It really can tell if it is corrupted, but not really anything neccessary.

My recommendation Is: Take it off, you would corrupt your card only by violence or PC

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've turned it off: it's a waste of time in my opinion.
If your card is corrupt, it's too late to be told about it. If it still works with your DS, that's fine, but when you want to put new files on it, you probably won't be able to - you will have to rescue as many as possible and format the card.

in short: There is no way that finding out slightly earlier that you have a corrupt file is going to help you.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, personally I think that features/benefits are not usually made just for the sake of it.
It's not a skin, not an "eye sore", lasts a few secs and, presumably is doing something worthwhile.

Taken from the English translation of the official M3 Sakura Manual (found on page 1 of the sticky Sakura FAQ): "Always run DiskCheck on boot (Recommended). Checking this option improves the safety of your data. Unchecking this option will improve boot time, but will also reduce safety (Not recommended)."

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's kinda like a virus scan.
you can do perfectly fine without frequent automatic scans, however if problems do come you won't notice untill important data is damaged.
if you have the scan on you can quickly notice when a file becomes corrupted, you can then more quickly backup your data and start looking for the origin of the corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: