Hacking A question about Plailect guide

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im on Part 2 (2.1.0 ctrtransfer) and Backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)

I don't have enough space to backup my nand and i really want a backup, i have another 64gb sd and my question is, can i move everything from my current sd to the 64gb one? Will this affect in the downgrade? ty (it's pretty important because im doing this atm hehe)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on Part 2 (2.1.0 ctrtransfer) and Backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)

I don't have enough space to backup my nand and i really want a backup, i have another 64gb sd and my question is, can i move everything from my current sd to the 64gb one? Will this affect in the downgrade? ty (it's pretty important because im doing this atm hehe)
Assuming you're not using emunand, you can move all the files from one sd to another and it should work fine. So long as it's formatted in FAT32 (64GB require you use a tool to do it, can't do it straight from windows), you're fine.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

That'll be software that'll format 64GB or higher to FAT32

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Hidend

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will need the backup, and you should be fine as long as the 64GB card is formatted to FAT32.

Edit: Ninja'd

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can move all the files from one sd to another and it should work fine. So long as it's formatted in fat32 (64GB require you use a tool to do it, can't do it straight from windows), you're fine.
an user from #3dshacks is saying to use emunand9 to format it, is that correct? There's a windows app to do that?

Last edited by Hidend,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an user from #3dshacks is saying to use emunand9 to format it, is that correct? There's a windows app to do that?
You mean format the 64GB sd card, yes? That should be fine too. Whatever method gets you to FAT32 works. Then copy files over, and you're good.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Hidend

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean format the 64GB sd card? That should be fine too. Whatever method gets you to FAT32 works. Then copy files over, and you're good.
Well, i already have fat32 because i have used sky3ds+ (not anymore, i hope) So, let's do this! Thanks you guys

Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)