Homebrew A question about Ninjhax + 10.2.28

Starrytrails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay soooo looks like I made some kind of mistake on my AC:NL game and now I can't load up the game without errors. This has happened before and deleting + reinstalling the game from the Eshop typically fixes it. The problem is that I'm on 10.1 so I can't access Eshop without the latest update - does anyone know FOR SURE if ninjhax works on 10.2? (That is the homebrew exploit I'm currently using to edit my acnl save file).

Also, if it DOES still work, is there anything I should do to the game beforehand to prevent possible bricking or something? I know the QR code generated at the beginning of setting up Ninjhax is custom to your payload, and since I'd be updating, would that make things unstable or just make it to where I load it up after updating I just need to scan my payloads QR code?

Thanks in advance, I know this is a lot

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could install ninjhax/ironhax or w/e to get the 2.5 stuffs, you could access the eshop on 10.1.

I'm fairly certain the 2.5 hax works on 10.2 firmware, but I haven't updated xD

And, no, ninjhax shouldn't brick your console.

Smea's latest video

Last edited by ZoneBlaze,

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You would want to erase your savedata on Cubic Ninja, update to 10.2 and just scan the new QR Code.
Everything should still work.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's already been confirmed, but it never hurts to have more people say the same thing. Ninjhax works the same on 10.2 as it does in 10.1

Reactions: Nyannurs

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I wouldn't update to 10.2 just yet... Seeing as eshop access isn't an issue on 10.1, just stay on it. I think 10.2 isn't compatible with browserhax. I like to have more than 1 option when it comes to these things, so if you can, stay on 10.1 :<

Starrytrails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, to be honest I want to keep 10.1 and just update to homebrew 2.5 but the embarrassing problem is that I don't know how to update it. Do I just delete all the homebrew related files I have on my SD card now and go to the official homebrew site and download it all over again, assuming Smea updates the links on the site for each new update?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to delete everything afaik, just grab the new starter kit, Uninstall the homebrew launcher, and then reinstall it. If you're using ninjhax all you have to do is delete the save data and rescan the qr code.

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Cubic ninja, hold L,R,X,Y in the main menu to delete save data.
Download the latest starter zip file from smea's page.
Extract files onto the root of the sd card
Turn on Cubic Ninja, scan QR code, then do as you please.

To update ninjhax, you need to do this every time.
You don't necessarily have to delete files on your SD card, just replace whatever's on it with the latest start zip.

Last edited by ZoneBlaze,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...