Hardware A question about buying a new 3ds xl

Calleb23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, i'm getting very excited to buy a new 3ds xl, but at the same time, I have some questions in my mind that i really hope you guys give me a good answer, so let's go

1) I'm picking a used new 3ds xl (but in a perfect state, without any homebrew or mod), it's safe to unlock after i bought? I read somewhere about nintendo blocking users after installing homebrew on 3ds... this make me a little nervous
2) if brick, there is a way to unbrick like wii u? I have a wii u and i know something about backup files from system and if you get the brick, just install the backup files and everything back to normal
3) is there any evidence about nintendo giving up on 3ds? i know they already did that on wii u, but i though switch would replace 3ds and wii u at the same time

i think i have other questions in my mind but for now, i don't remember

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, welcome! I don't have a bunch of time, but I'll happily answer your questions to the best of my ability :)
it's safe to unlock after i bought? I read somewhere about nintendo blocking users after installing homebrew on 3ds... this make me a little nervous
This can happen when you enable settings that transmit data to Nintendo, but it's not common. The most common method of being banned (at least historically) was playing a leaked game online before it actually launched.
if brick, there is a way to unbrick like wii u? I have a wii u and i know something about backup files from system and if you get the brick, just install the backup files and everything back to normal
So, if you'll take a look at some of the "starter" threads here on the forum (such as this very nice one here; https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/ ) you can find a lot of answers to questions and other information, including links to guides on how to get homebrew/CFW running. Those include the process of backing up your system in case of a problem (if you have one at all).
is there any evidence about nintendo giving up on 3ds?
... Yes and no. By shutting down things like freeShop, Nintendo has obviously expressed concern over ease of access to ROMs where the user doesn't need anything outside of the 3DS itself in order to download and install them. But I think this has more to do with their bottom line than any long term plans for the 3DS. It's old, it's dying, it's out-specced by older, cheaper smartphones. They make them still because they're cheap and because Nintendo still makes money off digital sales. At this point, it's them trying to squeeze every last drop of blood from the stone before they move on, and freeShop was taking a bite out of that. Do note that is just my opinion, however.

Hope this helps you out!

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

Calleb23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, big thanks! so it's safe to unlock and play it online by just disable nintendo transmit data? well, this make me more confident about. Thanks for the welcome, i'm from brazil so... sorry if my english make you a little confused.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow, big thanks! so it's safe to unlock and play it online by just disable nintendo transmit data? well, this make me more confident about. Thanks for the welcome, i'm from brazil so... sorry if my english make you a little confused.

Don’t download anything from the FreeShop (or if you do not in SleepMode). Install everything offline with FBI and use your Homebrew stuff offline just to be safe.

That’s what I do, I only put the online on when playing a game then turn it back off.

Reactions: Calleb23

Calleb23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, thanks for the advise, i'll not download anything on it... but in internet, it's safe? I mean, downloading roms and putting on a sd card to play

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for the advise, i'll not download anything on it... but in internet, it's safe? I mean, downloading roms and putting on a sd card to play
Yeah, just getting the ROMs/CIAs and installing them with FBI will be just fine. Like I said above, though, just make sure that if it's a leaked game and you're playing it before it's supposed to be out, turning off the 3DS' wireless is a good idea while you play. Especially if it has an online mode.

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All of this is just to be safe and not get banned. You can do them or not, you can get banned either way it’s just to be safe, not raise any flags at Nintendo. I only play online games with legit games I own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь