Hacking A pune cIOS coming near you

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you guys are missing the point of this just a little bit. this is basically the sneek DI module. but instead of putting a part.bin on your hard drive, i made it load the extracted game contents. the first reason is to bypass the 4GB limit for games. and the second reason is to allow easy file replacement from games.

think of this like riivolution but from usb, with no modification to the wii other than bootmii. it plays the game from a folder containing the extracted filesystem from the ISO. obviously you wont want to put all those 500 games you pirated on a HDD like this, because of the 0xffff limit of FAT. but with like 20 lines of code or less, you can allow sneek to let you play splited up part0.bin and part1.bin so you can bypass the 4gb limit and still not have 5600+ files for a single game.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHA. @FenrirWolf
That made me crack up. lol.
laugh.gif

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, you've pretty much made an equivalent of Triiforce for disc based games?
It sounds bloody useful, and I hope you persue it and get it working well enough for those of us unable to code to at least tinker with it, if not fully develop this concept.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess you could add a simple command to get the list of games just like wbfs has. you would just need to decide on a scruct and keep it uniform across both this module and the ppc. you really only need to pass a number to this to tell it what game to play. so the struct of the list can just be 4 character game IDs.

this module will give the app running on the ppc a list of 4 char IDs ("RMNPREDPR3MERGHERGHP") and when the user (ppc) decides what game to play, it can just send back "ooo. that game at #3 sounds fun. why dont we play that?" and this module wont need anything more that #3 and it knows what game to play.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Top of page edit

giantpune said:
i guess you could add a simple command to get the list of games just like wbfs has. you would just need to decide on a scruct and keep it uniform across both this module and the ppc. you really only need to pass a number to this to tell it what game to play. so the struct of the list can just be 4 character game IDs.

this module will give the app running on the ppc a list of 4 char IDs ("RMNPREDPR3MERGHERGHP") and when the user (ppc) decides what game to play, it can just send back "ooo. that game at #3 sounds fun. why dont we play that?" and this module wont need anything more that #3 and it knows what game to play.

Cool, an app to change games would be really simple then. Can't wait to have a play once it's ready.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently it is functional. ive added some stuff to cache filenames to speed up files that are streamed from the disc like movies and audio. also, ive fixed a bug which made at least one game (alice in wonderland) unplayable. dual layer works fine. streaming videos play as past as they do from the original disc. i still have at least one game which does not play, so i have a bug somewhere i still have to track down.

i still have no plans to package it up as a IOS. it is still just a modified di module i use in sneek

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of Curiosity, what would the difference in 'your version' (modified di module), and if you were to package it in an ios?

Sorry if this is a noob question, some of this stuff starts to go over my head.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compiling shouldnt be too hard if you can already build sneek. here's my working copy http://www.multiupload.com/1NMZCNDLQK . its largely uncommented and probably has more than a few mistakes. i make a few assumptions about the filesystem from looking at only 3 or 4 games, so these assumptions may not hold up for all games.

anyways, after you get that stuff all put together and you get the di.bin, you need a couple things set up so this will find your games.

1 - make a file called dip.cfg on the root of your HDD and put a 4 letter ID of the game you want to play. this is actually just a folder name, but i have made it 4 letters. if you want to use game names, you can add more letters in main.c.

2 - make a folder called games on the root of the HDD and in that are folders for each game. (only 4 letter names are supported here)

3 - in each of those folders is a partition. use wiiscrubber and extract a partition's contents, the tmd, main.dol, ticket, boot.bin, bi2.bin, apploader, cert, and fst.
donkeyballs.png

4 - yes, this plays games from the extracted files, but you cannot simply replace a file in there unless it is the same size. the fst.bin is a list of files and their sizes and crap. both the game and this di module are reading the fst and talk about the files in terms of numbers, not names. if you change a file, you need to update the fst.bin to reflect that new size.

everything after this is left as an exercise to the user. this is not a 100% complete deal. but this is enough to play every game ive thrown at it except 1. even the VC partitions from SSBB load through the disc channel
smile.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
compiling shouldnt be too hard if you can already build sneek. here's my working copy http://www.multiupload.com/1NMZCNDLQK . its largely uncommented and probably has more than a few mistakes. i make a few assumptions about the filesystem from looking at only 3 or 4 games, so these assumptions may not hold up for all games.

anyways, after you get that stuff all put together and you get the di.bin, you need a couple things set up so this will find your games.

1 - make a file called dip.cfg on the root of your HDD and put a 4 letter ID of the game you want to play. this is actually just a folder name, but i have made it 4 letters. if you want to use game names, you can add more letters in main.c.

2 - make a folder called games on the root of the HDD and in that are folders for each game. (only 4 letter names are supported here)

3 - in each of those folders is a partition. use wiiscrubber and extract a partition's contents, the tmd, main.dol, ticket, boot.bin, bi2.bin, apploader, cert, and fst.
donkeyballs.png

4 - yes, this plays games from the extracted files, but you cannot simply replace a file in there unless it is the same size. the fst.bin is a list of files and their sizes and crap. both the game and this di module are reading the fst and talk about the files in terms of numbers, not names. if you change a file, you need to update the fst.bin to reflect that new size.

everything after this is left as an exercise to the user. this is not a 100% complete deal. but this is enough to play every game ive thrown at it except 1. even the VC partitions from SSBB load through the disc channel
smile.gif

thanks pune, ive got to try this as well as

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metroid is the one game that doesnt play right. it loads up and survives the IOS reload. but something else kills it. i get the main menu, i can select a mission and difficulty and soon after it ends. it reloads the IOS and the next dol starts running, but before anything fun happens, it chokes on loading a tpl. ive already tested and the tpl it loads is correct byte for byte, so i assume that somehow the memory gets corrupted and it just happens to die after that tpl.

M

myspacee

Hello giantpune,
you have extract wii iso to folder then run it.

Can you describe what happen if you run 'extracted' GC .iso ?

thank you,

m.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm