Hacking A pune cIOS coming near you

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont wok. probably what will happen is you can put a GC game on this HDD, and you can even tell the system menu to boot it. but once the gamecube game starts to run, the dol of the game will not ask the DI module anything. it will talk directly to the dvd drive. and it will ask for information that isnt there unless you have the GC disc in the dvd drive.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
linuxares said:
What about Sam & Max? They have IOS reload on every episode that you choose. Have you tried it?

That might be interesting, but since it is fully playable with alt .dol disc+, other games like MPT are more interesting.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
WiiPower said:
linuxares said:
What about Sam & Max? They have IOS reload on every episode that you choose. Have you tried it?

That might be interesting, but since it is fully playable with alt .dol disc+, other games like MPT are more interesting.

It is?
ohmy.gif
thanks for the info!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
@ giantpune

With SNEEK now being UNEEK too (w00t btw, with big grins n all that jazz)

Would it not be best to add a dip to all ios (like cioscorp) on an emulated nand and run a usb loader through UNEEK letting each game run it's "proper" although dipped ios ? So if a game reloads for example ios 55 it will just run a dipped ios 55 ?

Then we can use Triiforce to allow as many WW+VC games as we wish too, so ALL games *should* work, all saves would go to the usb, miis would be stored on usb etc etc etc

We could even install the WW+VC to the emulated nand and launch them through a usb loader calling the id of the channels and skip Triiforce all together (except for cheating on channel games unless you use something else)

All that would need to go on the real nand and would be HBC+bootmii and EVERYTHING would run from USB ( although I don't know if all devices would work eg wiispeak, camera and instruments and I'm not sure about online things working within UNEEK)

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
1 - make a file called dip.cfg on the root of your HDD and put a 4 letter ID of the game you want to play. this is actually just a folder name, but i have made it 4 letters. if you want to use game names, you can add more letters in main.c.

2 - make a folder called games on the root of the HDD and in that are folders for each game. (only 4 letter names are supported here)

3 - in each of those folders is a partition. use wiiscrubber and extract a partition's contents, the tmd, main.dol, ticket, boot.bin, bi2.bin, apploader, cert, and fst.

I'm getting "An error has occurred. Press the eject button and remove the disc...".

Tried RSPE and RHAE. I have part.bin, tmd.bin, cert.bin, ticket.bin, boot.bin,bi2.bin,main.dol,fst.bin,apploader.img.

I tried two different USB devices and also tried an unedited part.bin (first 0x20000 bytes intact). It's obviously reading game info and attempting to load the game. I assume your iosmodule.elf is compiled for region 1? I didn't recompile it, I just used elfins to create di.bin from your precompiled iosmodule.elf.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Would it not be best to add a dip to all ios (like cioscorp) on an emulated nand and run a usb loader through UNEEK...

Is there a USB loader that works in SNEEK/UNEEK now? Last I checked there wasn't.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
fogbank said:
Slimmmmmm said:
Would it not be best to add a dip to all ios (like cioscorp) on an emulated nand and run a usb loader through UNEEK...

Is there a USB loader that works in SNEEK/UNEEK now? Last I checked there wasn't.

I'm a bit behind with SNEEK myself as I'm really busy with something else. I was only posting what I think is maybe a better route for someone like GP with such good coding skills to work towards rather than have him take a lot of time and do a lot of work.

IF he could get a usb loader modded then maybe the dipped ios is a better route is what I'm saying, but of course there are a lot of problems (which I'm sure he will figure out) Each IOS maybe doesn't even need patched but then that's more speculation. did I not read that the newer cIOS do work with SNEEK ? (not sure)

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
did I not read that the newer cIOS do work with SNEEK ? (not sure)

cIOS yes, but I have not heard of anyone getting a USB loader to work under SNEEK yet. I sure haven't had any success.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well on a plus note, sneek r51 plays metroid fine from what i tested. the banner isnt read right, so it shows up as a GC game in teh disc channel. but it starts, lets you pick wussy mode, and lets you start the first mission. its farther than what i got with my code here.

i didnt test the entire game, as i think it isnt that fun. but i can vouch for the fact that it at least appears to work.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used a tool from crediar to dump the files. if you use wiiscrubber, you need to just right click the partition, and extract. then do the main.dol and tmd.bin and those other files one by one. crediar's tool does it all in one go.

my code posted here looks for all the files just dropped in the game folder with only the subfolders that are outlined in the fst.bin. crediar's di code lookes for the main.dol and apploader.img and a couple other files to be in a folder called sys and all the contents of the fst to be in a folder called files. you can read his code to see exactly what files go where.

but basically, you will either need to edit my code, or edit sneek, or else both modules will not work on the same dump of a game.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dolphin also has a method to extract every file on the iso with 1 button push, i forget exactly how right now but if you need me to i can load it up when i get home and let you know how.

P.s. your computer don't have to be able to RUN dolphin for it to extract its contents

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a big pain in the butt for everyone. Hackinblack, if you reading this please get ios reloading solved or complie punes code in your CIOS.

Or, someone else complie sneek v2 with pune's code. After getting to work upload it on the net. and pm me the dam link. If nintendo would of made true direct SD/HC-SD loading rather than this temperary to nan shit, we wouldn't need sneek.

Besides it's not like we're trying to use Niny's code to make another system. We're using it to fix their mistakes.

ashexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
metroid is the one game that doesnt play right. it loads up and survives the IOS reload. but something else kills it. i get the main menu, i can select a mission and difficulty and soon after it ends. it reloads the IOS and the next dol starts running, but before anything fun happens, it chokes on loading a tpl. ive already tested and the tpl it loads is correct byte for byte, so i assume that somehow the memory gets corrupted and it just happens to die after that tpl.

Hi pune. I have this exact thing happen to me with the current sneek svn di. Then I thought it could be because of my priiloader still in the nand backup. Sure enough after removing it MPT1 , MPT2, MPT2 Multi works like a charm. But MPT3 still crashes?? Then i tried a different PAL ISO and ditched the other NTSC-U as someone said that it could be a bad dump. Now everything works just great!! Also I can confirm that all ios relaoding games i've tested simply works (COD3, Sam & Max, CSI, etc). I've to manually edit slot.bin all the time for sure but soon once bannerme supports the new di this wouldn't be a problem anymore. I'll be trying your modified di now for (hopefully) a temporary fix. Thanks for sharing
grog.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres the latest installment. its 99% running from usb. all the nand and di stuf is coming from the USB. the SD is only used for the initial startup. this is the actual speed that it runs at, no camera trickery. it is almost as fast as my real nand, but its like 1,000 times bigger than the real nand, and all the games are built in.

it kinda reminds me of the starlight wiis that everybody was going apeshit over a couple years ago.
tongue.gif

http://rapidshare.com/files/367780917/sneek_full_usb.mp4

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
giantpune, first off, just wanna say great work on this!

but out of curiosity, why don't you use youtube? It's a real pain to have to download a video from rapidshare... if you decide to keep sharing vids this way, I can live with it, but I just thought I would politely request you share your vids on youtube in the future. No disrespect intended!

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-