OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

A brief preview first:
I got an R4 clone for a while now, and its been working on my DSLite w/o any problems so far. Thing is it wont execute the latest of games- even though they're patched and all. So I figured I should update my firmware. I found out I'm using R4 SDHC firmware . The problem is that the latest update is like v.1.34 - which still can't run most recently released games. R4i SDHC won't work for that one (well, from its name I figured so, but I tried it anyway lol). I think I'm gonna have to buy a new card.
mellow.gif

My question is:
-I looked all over before posting here (I promise ^^) - Does anyone know of another way I can play those latest roms on my card?
-If I buy an R4i card, will it and its firmware, work on my DSLite? Or is it a DSi exclusive?

Thanks so much for any reply and advice! ^^

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd try YSMenu Firmware Files by retrogamefan... and if i'd buy a new card i'd go for a Acekard 2i , SuperCard DSTwo or the R4i Gold by R4isdn i think its that one.... not sure... ALGCB COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IS THE R4I GOLD? XD

lynxk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
Ima try the YSmenu-thing right away! =D

BTW are all cards you mentioned compatible with a DSLite?

*edit*

Oks! ty both! ^^

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
yes, all the cards mentioned work on the dslite, Acekard 2i uses AKAIO by Normatt ( i think its by Normatt) its a really good firmware, 99% compability with games with regular updates, SuperCard DSTwo is, what many people consider, the best flashcart and it can emulate GBA and SNES because of its built in cpu, and has really good homebrew.

lynxk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG you guys it works like a charm!!! Thank you so much! I knew it's still early to give up on my good ol' card =D

Tnx again! ^^

*edit*

I cant believe im saying this but for some reason not all of my games are working now lol . when I try to load a game its just stuck at the "loading" mini screen, and the gauge at the bottom doesnt even appear. could it maybe happen bcuz I have too many games on my card?

After some checking it seems that it gets stuck only at games without their "icon"... My guess is that I have too many games.. but I cant be sure S:

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
If you see games with no icon, it's usually caused by either a fake/bad SD card or an SD card in need of a reformatting.

Copy all of your files off of it, reformat it with the panasonic SD formatter and then copy them back.

Z

Zorua

lynxk said:
OMG you guys it works like a charm!!! Thank you so much! I knew it's still early to give up on my good ol' card =D

Tnx again! ^^

*edit*

I cant believe im saying this but for some reason not all of my games are working now lol . when I try to load a game its just stuck at the "loading" mini screen, and the gauge at the bottom doesnt even appear. could it maybe happen bcuz I have too many games on my card?

After some checking it seems that it gets stuck only at games without their "icon"... My guess is that I have too many games.. but I cant be sure S:

Your SD card needs formatting.
Backup all your data and format it using SD Formatter.
Find 'SD Formatter' on FileTrip.net

Use the first result.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4