A New Mega Man Series Coming 2009?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    [​IMG]

Allan "Nicol" Montenegro of Taizen Saint Seiya, has attempted to translate the blurred text from the mysterious Nintendo Dream announcement:

Top text: "Burning/hot/ardent battle"

Lower Text: "The newest series! At long last the work..."

Could this be implying a brand new Rockman series to take its debut? But what does it mean by "at long last the work"? Maybe it was in development for a while. Or maybe they are remaking a previous series? Only time will tell. What are your thoughts?

NEWS SOURCE: The Mega Man Network

Updates 2: Some more information has been translated for the new game or should I say, possible re-release of games. According from the translation, it may be a re-release of some of the older games! (Dare I say Dash on the DS?).
    What could all this mean?!

NEWS SOURCE: Protodude's Rockman Corner

2. Noitora

Noitora ::

Aug 9, 2007
    Greece
    Athens
    I think someone posted this before :/

3. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    I wouldn't exactly mind a new series, as long it's Megaman style. I'm tired of these Battle Network games thats still coming out.

4. Translucentbill

Translucentbill GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    As much as i hate the new megaman games

I did like zx =]

I hate that battle network crap though.

5. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Lol, HE posted this before. Only difference is that now he posted the translated text along with it :]

6. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Feb 7, 2008
    Indonesia
    The World of Illusion
    I can only hope they remake some X series for DS, Batlle Network and StarForce are sooo lame, ZX is decent, but X series is better (except Command Mission)

7. OmerMe

OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2007
    Iceland
    Maybe it's something about Megaman Scramble Battle or whatever it's called that Capcom wanted to do? a Megaman fighter IIRC
    and if it's a new series, I won't care, I would love another MM series, as long as it's a platformer and I hope it will be Classicish\Xish

8. albel005

albel005 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2007
    United States
    it would have to be late 2009 beucase star force 3 is coming out summer of 2009

9. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I personally dont mind if they make another ZX game but they should get rid of the battle network/starforce franchise. That said, I will still probably play the 3rd starforce game.

10. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    There are so many already that I don't see a problem in a new Mega Man series..

The first games on new MM series are usually good.. they normally start to go downhill after 3 or 4 sequels [​IMG]

11. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    Hey guys, I found a picture of what the next Megaman is going to look like..

Warning: Spoilers inside!

[​IMG]

12. Joey R.

Joey R. Banned

Banned
    Jul 7, 2008
    Oviedo, Asturias
    IMO, the Battle Network series is not THAT bad. I mean, it could have been done without MegaMan, using generic characters, and it would have been the exact same... but meh, it's not that bad. It's not MegaMan X, of course. Gotta love how X looks in that picture ^^

13. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I really liked the Battle Network series. I liked the battle system. But I though the story was VERY cheesy. Of course, the same could be said of any Megaman game. And I'm on the fence about Starforce. It's kind of hit or miss for me about the gameplay.

Since this is a Nintendo magazine, I guess this new series would be either Wii or DS. If I had to guess, I'm guessing the Wii since I don't believe it has a Megaman game (not including MM9 or WiiWare/VC).

14. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    I love Battle Network actually. Brings new things to the table. Though I like the Zero and ZX just as much. I hate Star Force though. (Except for SF3, that one is a major improvement from SF1 and 2.)

15. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Why did Mega Man get a visor just recently? Hasn't there always been a need for a visor? Silly Mega Man

16. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I really like the visor in Starforce. It's really cool looking in my opinion. [​IMG]

17. Tall Alien

Tall Alien Banned

Banned
    Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    failure

18. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey
    this is just going to be stupid if they star a new series like megaman starforce or battle network I want an original megaman to come to the nds.

19. Treflex

Treflex GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey, USA
    I loved battle network but the story started to tire out. Starforce fails hard though, I'd have been happy if they made a seventh and final installment of BN with a better story, gameplay of BN2 and 3, and lots of chips [​IMG] But I hope this new series is just a classic side scroller.

20. apb407

apb407 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    United States
    ^ yeah im in the same boat as you i loved the BN series every single one of them even though they got a bit repetitive. Star Force is good but it doesnt have the same fell like feel that its way to easy i dont feel the need or reason to play it doesnt draw me in like BN did.