A Minecraft Movie - teaser trailer

34te5hys.jpg

The first teaser for the upcoming Minecraft movie, creatively titled A Minecraft Movie has released.

Starring Jack Black as Steve and an expanded cast that includes Emma Myers, Danielle Brooks and Sebastian Eugene Hansen, A Minecraft Movie is slated for release April 4 2025 and is being directed by Jared Hess of Nacho Libre and Napoleon Dynamite fame. The plot revolves around four misfits who are pulled into Minecraft's Overworld where they must learn to survive and protect it from dangers to eventually return home.

Welcome to the world of Minecraft, where creativity doesn't just help you craft, it's essential to one's survival! Four misfits—Garrett "The Garbage Man" Garrison (Momoa), Henry (Hansen), Natalie (Myers) and Dawn (Brooks)—find themselves struggling with ordinary problems when they are suddenly pulled through a mysterious portal into the Overworld: a bizarre, cubic wonderland that thrives on imagination. To get back home, they'll have to master this world (and protect it from evil things like Piglins and Zombies, too) while embarking on a magical quest with an unexpected, expert crafter, Steve (Black). Together, their adventure will challenge all five to be bold and to reconnect with the qualities that make each of them uniquely creative…the very skills they need to thrive back in the real world.

:arrow: Source

DragonMals

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Trophies
Country
United States
I will make a noble sacrifice for eveyone in the name of science and actually watch this movie once it's out. And by that I mean a pirated copy in my computer alongside alcohol to help me bear it.

I don't want you to touch the movie my friend. At least you're doing his favor by pirating it which I almost want to so too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on when it comes out and such.

Reactions: ciro64

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
The first thing I think when I hear "Minecraft Movie" would be a story based on Minecraft: Story Mode, with Patton Oswalt returning as the voice of Jesse. Admittedly they would've had to find a new voice for Ivor since Paul Reubens' unfortunate death, but it certainly would've been possible. The story they went with instead doesn't make all that much sense to me.

I don't get the obsession with integrating live-action into animated movies based on video games. It worked great for Sonic and Detective Pikachu, yeah, but it just doesn't work in blocky cases like this. I also don't understand the casting of Jack Black as Steve.

Xzi

BUSTAH WOLF!!!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
With Jack Black this is going to be awesome because he still plays f-ing video games.

Love Tenacious D and Jack Black, but I don't think he can save this movie unless he also wrote it. Such a generic "woah that happened" plot that it might as well be a movie about Forspoken.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game movies were doing so well too and now they are messing up again. Feels like too many cooks. They should have committed to one design. They should have at least had Steve actually look like Steve, square and all.

ciro64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Imagine at some point of the movie Jack Black gets to meet the real Steve...

Attachments

• images - 2024-09-04T230201.662.jpeg
    images - 2024-09-04T230201.662.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha
Reactions: Cranesbill

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
People try to compare this to Borderlands? No kids will want to see it no matter what.
Sir, are you missing a comma?

Obviously the Minecraft kiddies will see it.. however, I do feel like they missed the prime paycheck by about 6-7 years.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay, on top of the stupid dialogue... Why why why why whyyyyyy is it live action? :wtf:

Look at all the nice backgrounds and characters and the whole world, and then you have poorly green-screened live actors sticking out like a sore thumb obviously interacting with nothing and just flailing around like mime school dropouts... why.

1725528437011.png

It's like they looked at the Super Mario movie and said "hey, this was popular... let's not do that."

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, on top of the stupid dialogue... Why why why why whyyyyyy is it live action? :wtf:

Look at all the nice backgrounds and characters and the whole world, and then you have poorly green-screened live actors sticking out like a sore thumb obviously interacting with nothing and just flailing around like mime school dropouts... why.

It's like they looked at the Super Mario movie and said "hey, this was popular... let's not do that."
I have no idea why Hollywood still insists on crowbarring random, bland humans into every story. Nothing drops my interest more than seeing a rich, established setting/cast of characters, and then the nobody walks in, gawking around, going "whoa ummm what where am I what the heck does that mean ermm did that [thing] just talk?!". Ugh.

Reactions: DragonMals

DexterYeen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dexterhyena.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
You can have a movie targeted for kids, but still be amazing to adults, like I feel like Mario And Sonic did it well with their films, proving a point
how does one actally adapt a sandbox game to movie witch usually goes to point a to point b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://overkill.wtf/emudeck-2-3-release/