Hacking A little help would be appreciated

Skippy The Jedi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I am having a bit of trouble. My friend asked me to hack his wii. I have hacked many wiis before so I said sure. He gave me his wii and i looked up all the info I could about it and found out he has one of the drives that can't read burned DVDs. This wasn't a problem because he has a HDD he wants to use.

I got the HBC installed on his wii (4.3u using letterbomb) and that's where the trouble started. I downloaded USB Loader GX version 2.2 and they recommend using cios rev21 d2x v6 so I downloaded that (with ModMii) and installed it (with MMM) using ios 56 as the base. Then USB Loader GX would load up and read my HDD (WBFS formatted and working just fine on my wii) but it wouldn't load any games. I would press load and it would go to a black screen and not do anything else. Every time I tried it.

So I tried WiiFlow. Same thing every time.

And now I don't know what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nyanko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Try using another cios, d2x didn't work on my wii don't know why. Try using Wiiflow with hermes' 224 v5 or waninkoko's 249 v20 or v21.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What guide did you follow to mod the wii. As you are still using a wbfs partition, I have the impresion it's a little outdated.
Most people simply format their harddisk in fat32 and place their backups on it as wbfs files.
You could indeed try to install the hermes cios as well, and see if a game launches using one of those.

Most softmods install ios 36 with trucha bug as ios 236 and use that as base for the further install of cios.

The piece of advice that pop's up every time on this forum: Use modmii as guidance to mod your wii.

Skippy The Jedi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks for the tips guys. To answer your question I didn't follow a guide. I googled how to get the HBC on 4.3u but I know how to install cIOS and I use ModMii extensively and I did the rec command on page 4 of the downloads and it gave me the d2x so I installed it. Well the USB loader isn't working (BTWm WiiFlow is the one that told me I didny have a cIOS installed using base 36 or 56/57. I have since installed 236 and used that to install the d2x). Now I downloaded the hermes cios and when I go to install it with MMM I get a -2011 error.

EDITOkay so i got the 2011 error fixed (MMM was running under a non trunca signed ios) and installed waninkokos 249 v21. The usb loaders now reset back to the HBC. Tried with Hermes' 224 v5 and they still wont load. I also tried with a different usb device jsyk.

caaraa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using Wiiflow with hermes' 224 v5 or waninkoko's 249 v20 or v21.
22.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill