A Gateway User trying to get the saves from old 3ds to new

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by moethuta, Nov 13, 2015.

1. moethuta
    OP

moethuta Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    Bermuda
    Mandalay
    I'm borrowed a friend's new 3ds for a month and wants to play with my old saves on my old 3ds , I don't even know where the saves are stored in the new 3ds , They're not stored in sd like the old one right ? Can you even transfer saves to the new one ?

2. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Gateway's sav files are stored in your internal SD Card (3DS) in .sav and are encrypted.
    You can use it on multiples games/console if the game is the same region as the save and if the game has the the same Header.

3. Classicgamer

Classicgamer GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2012
    United States
    As far as I know they are stored on the sd card - copy them over.

If it's a card 2 game (I think they're called that) the save is in the rom file itself so copy your rom file off the gateway msd or, if it's your gateway, just open the game on n3ds and continue playing. I think only Pokemon games and animal crossing new leaf are cars 2?

4. moethuta
    OP

moethuta Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    Bermuda
    Mandalay
    Okey I copied the Saves from SD card from my only 3ds , How do I get it into the new 3ds I can't find the SD card slot lol

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    It's a MicroSD. You'll have to take the plate off the bottom and use a small Phillips screwdriver to open the MicroSD slot.

moethuta likes this.