Hacking Question A few quick questions

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been away from the scene for a bit, I'm still sitting on 5.0.1 I think? Something like that. I was using a jig to access homebrew and such, but no actual CFW. Coming back and reading up on it, it seems like there are a bunch of different CFWs to use now. I have a few questions before I take the plunge.

First, is there any downside to updating to the latest version from 5.0.2? I already missed out on coldboot and all, but as long as I can access homebrew and use my save editors, I'm fine. I know the latest version is safe and working, but is there a downside?

Second, I just want to be sure, but is there ANY safe methods out there or is all CFW stuff an almost guaranteed ban? I couldn't give a damn about online, but I still want my game updates and eshop access. So should I just stay completely away? Or are there ways to get updates through other methods?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
All CFWs allow for the same stuff. Homebrew and free games.
Nope. There is nothing major planned for 5.0.1 (IIRC).
If you do a NAND backup and stay in airplane mode, then restore the backup when you want to go online, you shouldn't get banned.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All CFWs allow for the same stuff. Homebrew and free games.
Nope. There is nothing major planned for 5.0.1 (IIRC).
If you do a NAND backup and stay in airplane mode, then restore the backup when you want to go online, you shouldn't get banned.

Ok, thanks. I'll just go for it then. I actually forgot that I bought SXOS way back for the dongle and jig. I guess I'll use that since it's already set up.
So my process should be to update to the latest OFW, then do a NAND backup, then install SXOS, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-