Hacking A few questions... Help a newbie xD

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there, as the title says, i have some questions,and would be very happy if anyone could help me XD

1-
So, i have a 3ds and my girlfriend has one as well.
Hers is on 9.2 , with no connections saved and wifi off most of the time, but mine is on 9.0 and ( i'm not sure when ,maybe 2weeks ago~3 weeks ago) my 3ds downloaded an update.
I keep clicking 'no' or pressing B when it asks me if it can update my system...
Is there any way to know which version is the update trying to install? I mean, if it is anything between 9.0 and 9.2 i'll just update it, i really don't like this popup thing bothering me.

2-
I downloaded some version of pokemon ORAS and some games that can play online, but i downloaded the games like 3 weeks ago or so. I saw new postings about "online update" thingies , like Pokemon Alpha Ruby Online Patch 'x.y' . If i already have a save game and install this patch, will i lose my game?

3-
Is there any software that checks if i have the most recent version of my downloaded games?

4-
How exactly do .cia files work? I tried searching it but i didn't understand it very well.. I have a 32Gb microSD on gateway red and a 16Gb on my 3ds. Is that enough? What are the benefits of installing games that are on .cia?

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays for all and each one of you ^^

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, you can't tell, just don't update. You can get rid of the nag screen by formatting, but you'll lose your save games, and not be able to redownload games from the estore without updating to the latest firmware/booting emunand.
2. You need the latest firmware to install those updates from the eshop, so don't bother.
3. When you launch the game, just try to use the online features, and if you can, then you're effectively on the latest version.
4. It might not be enough, but wait until you've used it and are sure you need a new card if you can't afford it.

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, as the title says, i have some questions,and would be very happy if anyone could help me XD

1-
So, i have a 3ds and my girlfriend has one as well.
Hers is on 9.2 , with no connections saved and wifi off most of the time, but mine is on 9.0 and ( i'm not sure when ,maybe 2weeks ago~3 weeks ago) my 3ds downloaded an update.
I keep clicking 'no' or pressing B when it asks me if it can update my system...
Is there any way to know which version is the update trying to install? I mean, if it is anything between 9.0 and 9.2 i'll just update it, i really don't like this popup thing bothering me.

2-
I downloaded some version of pokemon ORAS and some games that can play online, but i downloaded the games like 3 weeks ago or so. I saw new postings about "online update" thingies , like Pokemon Alpha Ruby Online Patch 'x.y' . If i already have a save game and install this patch, will i lose my game?

3-
Is there any software that checks if i have the most recent version of my downloaded games?

4-
How exactly do .cia files work? I tried searching it but i didn't understand it very well.. I have a 32Gb microSD on gateway red and a 16Gb on my 3ds. Is that enough? What are the benefits of installing games that are on .cia?

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays for all and each one of you ^^

1) As the above says, you can't do much about it unless you format the 3DS

2) Are you talking about the cia updates or eshop updates? If you install the cia version once you have gateway then you should be fine and they don't delete your saves. If you're talking about eshop updates then you can only access them on the latest system update

3) I don't think so. You can either check the game on the 3DS Home menu with your wifi switched on and see if it gives you a update notification or you can try launching the online features in the game

4) Cia files just install the game straight to your 3DS SD card and make them available to play from the home menu. They also give you the opportunity to install DLC/Themes/Updates made by other people. 32gb is fine for your Gateway and so is 16gb for your 3DS but it all depends on how much you want to download and install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc