a few questions about acekard 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kenio8185, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009
  1. kenio8185
    OP

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I wanna get an AceKard 2 for my ds lite. Here is the link to what i will buy (just to be more specific since the site has teh details):
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142

Anyways, i wanna know how much gb's this can hold and also?
    i heard it can do up to 32gb if thats the case then i will be getting that but i wanna be sure.

edit* I just did a search and found out that the r4 .sav files will work with acekard 2 if i use a certain firmware. I can't remember what it's called but it will be easy to find. However, i haven't yet found a search for how much the acekard can hold. Can someone please answer it quickly?

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Good job on picking the compact edition. It is a better choice xD

All your files should all be in a SD Card. So I don't see a problem , if you get 2 SD Card readers (or Micro SD Card Readers) and then transfer them from one SD Card to another.

I am not sure if 32GB will work, but since it is a SDHC card, it should, but if I were you, just go with a 8GB. What are you going to put in the 32GB? A bunch of random extra stuff for no use? I have only gone up to 4GB and I know a few people have gone up to 8GB. So, just get a 8GB, and then buy another one if you need it.

You save files is going to be another issue. First, download the AKAIO firmware here at GBAtemp. Just use AKAIO instead of the official firmware. It is better and has better compatibility. Also, it gives you the option of what kind of save file extension you are using or are wanting to use. The choices are : .nds.sav or .sav. You will have to change the setting to .sav or rename all your .sav files to .nds.sav.

That answer your question.?

3. kenio8185
    OP

Canada
    ya, i guess that will do, i was planning on using the sd card for other stuff as well but i guess 8gb will do (i'm not too disappointed because 8gb will still probably be more than enough). Ok, thx for the info. Also, just out of curiousity, whats so good about the compact edition?

4. kenio8185
    OP

Canada
    one more question thats kinda related. Does anyone know where i can get a good, cheap 8gb or more micro sd card?

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    newegg.com is generally the best place for microSD cards shipped to the U.S.

-Bri

6. Splych

Philippines
    Just as Bri said NewEgg is a good choice. And while you are searching for some Micro SD Cards, good brands to look out for are A-DATA or Transcend. Both are good brands, and same thing goes for the reader.

7. kenio8185
    OP

Canada
    thx for the help, i bought it a few hours ago, i think it will work fine for me. If i don't like it, i can just end up selling it for like $50 around here and make a profit.

8. Splych

Philippines
    What are you gonna sell? The MicroSD Card? Not much people will buy it though. Everyone, or maybe just most people know about NewEgg for the american people xD

Unless you are bundling it with something, I am still in doubt if anyone would buy it... No offense. Since $50 is a large price you are looking for, most people would just go for $30 xD

9. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You won't need much more than 4Gb. [​IMG]

10. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    I used a 512MB microsd until i realized i could get my company to expense a microsd purchase since i use it as a flash drive, so i just bought a 2GB 2-pack.
    the 512 is in the blackberry, one 2GB is in the ak2, and the other is in the wii. huzzah

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    scummvm fullset and neods full set and you are already over 6gb. =P

-another world

12. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States

welp, no new release until Another world plays every one of those ScummVM games, takes a digital camera pic of the ending of each, and ditto with all those NeoDS games.

I'm serious.

I hate ROM Whores.