Homebrew A few possibilities for 3ds ninjhax homebrew

What emulator/tool/application would you like to see happen?

• Total voters

#3dBRAT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
First off i wanted to make this a request for things you would like to see on the homebrew launcher for cubic ninja may by the one and only smealum i will post a poll of ones that should be not problem to produce otherwise if you have one i did not list comment on this thread.

#3dBRAT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
I can possibly see A cheat homebrew app i just think we need it to install a custom apploader for the home menu to load and i say it disables the wifi/streetpass/spotpass so no one can hack on Nintendo wifi/Streetpass/Spotpass

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I can possibly see A cheat homebrew app i just think we need it to install a custom apploader for the home menu to load and i say it disables the wifi/streetpass/spotpass so no one can hack on Nintendo wifi/Streetpass/Spotpass

Nope. Nothing's going out of that game "sandbox".

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dream of perfect GBA, SNES, GBC, VB and Mega Drive emulators...
Also PC ports with 3D of classics like Doom, Hexen, Quake... i would shit myself for a port of Thief 1 +2 in 3D!

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all these emulators 100x over on other handhelds. I want something like VB that's going to be unique to the 3ds

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest I forgot what is scummVM?

A game engine that can run old click&point games like the awesome Monkey Island 1 & 2 and Day of the Tentacle
Day_of_the_Tentacle_Founding_Fathers.jpg

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Y
tatumanu i doubt that's would happen but i could be wrong. we have to see!
Yes i know... :P
Especially Thief...
But the DS had several of the things i mentioned working so who knows ... i can dream
Quake on the DS Lite was pretty good if you used a Slot 2 for example
I wonder if the 3DS could handle Half Life

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already made an attempt at a GBA emulator but it's on hold for now unfortunately. The main issue is that in ninjhax's current form it's impossible to set RAM executable, which means that we'll have to use interpretation over dynamic recompilation (AKA extremely slow). I implemented an ARM core which can only add and it goes dead slow, probably around 1/32 or 1/64th of a GBA's normal speed. Once smea releases an update to allow manipulation of RAM pages (in terms of setting executable or not) I can *maybe* see a GBA emulator coming out.

And for right now, a cheat app is impossible without kernel access. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but if you unplug that Cubic Ninja cart you have it'll kinda stop the homebrew launcher. And you can't leave the game normally either. Better internet browser maybe but flash definitely isn't going to be there. And there is no way possible you could just "convert cia/3ds/etc to 3dsx". 3dsx is designed to be extremely portable, cia and 3ds are not (as much). With GW's exploit coming up a lot of the 3DS hackers will definitely be diving in and doing things, but the chances of this stuff happening within the current Cubic Ninja exploit or even withing the .3dsx file format is very slim. Heck, .3dsx can't even handle shared libraries, which are used a ton in .3ds files iirc.

Reactions: Celice and Sirius64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.