Hacking a few newb questions....(i read the faq!)

gui3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...i googled and read FAQ's but i cant seem to find answers:

can anyone explain how saving works?
i know that a bunch of save files are created for each ROM - but how do you load from them? how do you do a realtime save in an nds game?

the regular saves are working, but if i turn off a game in the middle of playing it, i don't know how to resume where i left off.
so far i can only find info on how to back up saves from the G6 onto the computer.

second:
are there any translation patches out for japanese games like bleach? (again, searched but did not find)

third:
i tried putting zipped roms onto the g6 to save space - but it looks like the software is uncompressing them to the original size. am i doing something wrong?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everytime you write a game to the g6, it creates 3 saves (.0, .1, and .2). .0 is also caled the default slot. You start a game, play, then save. This save currently is held in what's called the sram of the g6, which is battery operated volatile memory. Then when you restart to the menu, you'll see a message that says saving/loading, do not power off....that's when it's writing the sram information to the g6 main memory that isn't powered by the battery....so then it's a permanent write. This all happens to the .0 file since that's the default. Everytime you start a game, it automatically loads a game from .0 (default) unless you specify otherwise (hit select on the rom name and a save menu comes up to manage saves....all sorts of options of how to move save files for that particular game). There is no real time save in NDS mode.

No there are no patches for bleach, some other japanese games have very partial patches still in the works....to my knowledge for nds games there isn't a complete patch available.

When you load a zipped rom from the g6 game manager, it automatically extracts the .nds file and patches it and writes it to the g6. All flashcarts only deal with the .nds file or a trimmed .nds file as a rom. It takes too much cpu power to compress and extract bits and pieces (or the the rom complete) while you're playing the game for the game to run normally. So yes it's normal.

I suggest you read more around the forums, there's nothing new you're asking and reading the faq is a start.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill