kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting this topic for USA Region Wii's Only!!!!

I posted this in the other topic on the forum but my post got lost in the wind... Everyone there is of a different region (Pal)...

Now On to the Problem!

When I try to boot up the game: Tatsunoko Vs Capcom... I can get past the stupid play safe and how to hook your Wiimote to your wrist messages.... then the screen goes black for a second and comes back with a black scrren with a white outlined box with jap text... it cycles to another one with diffrent jap text and then again to a final one...
Then nothing at all happens....

Some other INFO:

My Wii: 3.2U w/ Starfall
Wiikey v1 w/ 1.9s firmware

I have tried 1:1 burn -> boots in GekoOS shows the stupid how to play safe crap then black screen w/ jap text... Try hitting button nothing continues...

I have tried patching it w/ WiiFrii to NTSC-U -> boots in Disc channel and GekoOS, shows the stupid how to play safe crap then black screen w/ jap text... Try hitting button nothing continues...

I do remove the updates w/ Wii Update Remover v1.0 by: waninkoko but have ruled this out as being a problem with the 1:1 burn....

I don't want any info about what discs you use bla... bla... or what speed you burn at.... k...

Please PM me with any ideas questions or solutions!

thank you in advance,
-kitt050383

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well that did it.... I can't believe that's what it was....
Thank you linkdengc....

Well now I have 3 copy's of the game... lol...

thanks so much again...

-kitt050383

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How to get Tatsunoko Vs Capcom working on USA Wii...

[1.] Patch the game w/ IOS Version Patcher v1.1 by: Waninkoko to use IOS 249
- If you don't do this down the road you will get some weird error... This fixes it...
-Not all people get the error!

[2.] BrickBlock it.... with: Wii Update Remover v1.0 by: Waninkoko (or if you prefer BrickBlocker)

[3.] Use WiiFrii v2.3b by: Waninkoko
- patch the iso to NTSC
- patch the iso to ENGLISH

[4.] Burn it... Play it... PayDirt.. It will Play via the Disc Channel if you have a modchip...

Make Sure you don't have any GamCube shit plugged in!!!!!!!!!! Or Game won't Fully Load!!!!
-= This problem seems only to be for me and 1 other person! =-

-Kitt050383

Software Mentioned Above Available @: http://wii.waninkoko.info/

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have a Mac and can't do all the fun Waninkoko stuff, does just doing force NTSC-J not do the trick? And also, does the Wii loader figure out to force on its own or is this something I must do each time I load the game manually?

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a modchip or you using a softmod.... if it's a softmod which one is it....

Also you can use GeckoOS and force ntsc.....English and vidtvpatch....

and it should work.... -> If you have a modchip...

-kitt050383

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well eventually it'll be Gecko OS (asked for it for Christmas) but with all the hype on various boards I got impatient, so in a day or two when it finishes, I will be using Gamma, my question is though with force NTSC-J does Gecko or Gamma somehow auto detect that it is not a disc from my Wii's region or is it important to make the switch manually. Thanks!

Edit: Whoops, I think I finally realized why people always want channels as Force NTSC (from the US), with a PAL or NTSC-J game I want to Force NTSC not Force NTSC-J or Pal right? Kind of embarrassing, but I'm learning...

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeckoOS is part of Gamma Wigattor used some of the code.....

GeckOS Is a homebrew program for the wii.... You must be thinking of the actual device... USBGecko....
A hacking/Debugging tool by: NUKE

-kitt050383

You want to force ntsc and english.....

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, not asking this to be a pain, I am being sincere. By default Boot Language goes to "Console Default Language" (which in my case is English) so wouldn't that mean I do not have to force English? The reason I am getting so picky is because I use a channel normally, not the Gamma program in the HBC and I am trying to ensure a Force NTSC version of the channel will do the trick for this, and other import games.

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a USA Wii then technically you don't have to but I do know for a fact some other games do need to be forced....

-kitt050383

Your not being picky your just asking for clarification... Nothing wrong with that...
I too use GeckoOS alot....
smile.gif

destinyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am following the steps you have said to. When I drag the TvC iso onto the WiiFrii.exe, I select "c" to patch NTSC-J to NTSC-U and WiiFree.exe encounters a problem and needs to close.

adams4237

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
How to get Tatsunoko Vs Capcom working on USA Wii...

[1.] Patch the game w/ IOS Version Patcher v1.1 by: Waninkoko to use IOS 249
- If you don't do this down the road you will get some weird error... This fixes it...

[2.] BrickBlock it.... with: Wii Update Remover v1.0 by: Waninkoko (or if you prefer BrickBlocker)

[3.] Use WiiFrii v2.3b by: Waninkoko
- patch the iso to NTSC
- patch the iso to ENGLISH

[4.] Burn it... Play it... PayDirt.. It will Play via the Disc Channel if you have a modchip...

Make Sure you don't have any GamCube shit plugged in!!!!!!!!!! Or Game won't Fully Load!!!!

-Kitt050383

Software Mentioned Above Available @: http://wii.waninkoko.info/

Ok. First of all, I have a softmodded Wii using the Twilight hack. My Wii is on version 3.2. First I tried simply burning the game to a DVD at 8x speed and launching it with gator gamma 3. I tried choosing force NTSC-U. It said that no DVD was detected, whether or not I chose the force option. I also tried launching with Wiiloader, but the Wii refused to play it calling the disc "unknown."

That was what I did before I discovered this thread. After reading your comment, I followed every step. I used the IOS version patcher, I brickblocked it, and I used WiiFrii to patch it to NTSC-U and English. I then burned it at x2 since that seems to be what everyone is doing. The exact same thing happened after I tried to use this disc. I launched gator gamma 3, and it said it found no DVD, I tried to force NTSC, still said found no DVD. Wiiloader also didn't work again.

I was just wondering if I was doing anything clearly wrong, or if anyone had any advice to give on how to get this working.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Your game didn't work because a gamecube controller was plugged in??
blink.gif

is this a US-Wii problem?

that is damn strange!
i always have a gamecube pad plugged in (PAL Wii) and the game works fine (in fact, i play this game with the gc-controller only)

weird!
wacko.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I got the same problem today... it says "there is no save file" in japanese.. (セーブファイルがありません)
A gc pad inserted on my ntsc wii... on my pal wii it worked...
Strange I'll try again in my ntsc wii...

adams4237

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
right click the original iso file and select properties...
then tell me what is displayed for the size on disk...
and size...

-kitt050383
Size: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)
Size on disk: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)

adams4237

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
well that tells me it's not a bad downloaf/uncompressed iso file...
did the iso you downloaded say if it was scrubbed or not...

-kitt050383
Yeah, it said it was cleaned with Wiiscrubber.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls