Homebrew A different way to spoof amiibo?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you who do know me know I don't tend to make my own threads often, and especially not for something more whimsical like this. But this idea has been bothering me. Everyone is focused on spoofing amiibo with new hardware, their phones or NFC tags. I am wondering if it might be possible to spoof one by using the NFC system on the 3DS and Wii U themselves through homebrew? So, if you have, for example, a 3DS and a Wii U, you can open the homebrew app on your 3DS, load up your ripped amiibo, then place the system on the NFC point on your Wii U gamepad. The same could also work in reverse.

I realize that this is a bit more limiting than figuring out how to spoof it with a phone, or using DIY amiibo cards or buying new hardware, but I figure the more options the better. I have no idea if something like this could work, I'm not an expert. It's just an idea I had that wouldn't leave me alone, so I'm leaving it here to either be debunked or maybe inspire the more talented members of our community.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheapest spoof method is a Datel Powersaves for Amiibo (newer one with powertag [R/W NFC chip])

You can use the powersaves program to write an amiibo bin to the powertag successfully spoofing one amiibo at a time.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheapest spoof method is a Datel Powersaves for Amiibo (newer one with powertag [R/W NFC chip])

You can use the powersaves program to write an amiibo bin to the powertag successfully spoofing one amiibo at a time.
I'm not asking what cheap options are. I'm just saying that I don't believe I've seen anyone mention anything like this. And that it might be a decent idea, if it is at all possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!