Hacking A couple SuperCard SD questions.

Edge4o7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a supercard SD. I bought it and a DS it worked with from a friend.

The DS broke, I was wondering if I could get this supercard to work on my DS lite? If so, what's the process? I've been trying to find out myself but as the DS lite is old news (and so is this card) now it's kind of hard to find info for it now. If anyone has a guide or something that'd be great, any help at this point is appreciated. Thanks.

Edge4o7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info so far guys.

Where do people buy those at? (PassKey)

Edit: Oh yeah, can't I just install custom firmware somehow, or is that what the PassKey/FlashMe thing is for?

Also, if I was to buy a different flash cart, would a slot 1 (I think. The DS slot) card be better than a slot 2? Are they just plug and play? What's a good bang for your buck slot 1 flash card if so? I don't need anything fancy.

Remember this is for a DS Lite that has had no firmware changes or modding of any kind. I just don't know where to get started really :\.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make use of the Supercard SD in GBA mode, just patch the roms and put them on the card. Boot up the card in GBA mode and play. For DS games, you'll need to patch them as well, but in addition you will need some sort of slot-1 passthrough device that works on your DS Lite. This would be any NoPass device like the Superkey or PassCard 3, or any slot-1 device purchased in the past 3 years, which will have NoPass functionality built-in. You will need this slot-1 passthrough device to boot the slot-2 SCSD into DS mode every time you wish to play a DS game.

Alternatively, once you get it running into DS mode at least once, you can install FlashMe, a replacement firmware that can autoboot slot-2 in DS mode by itself. You have to be in DS mode first because FlashMe installation involves running the "flashme.nds" file from your Supercard.

If purchasing a new card, go for a slot-1 device, as they're all fully integrated and don't require hacking or patching or anything. If you can copy your DS roms to the microSD card, you're good to go. I've been out of the loop for over a year so I don't know which slot-1 devices are even remotely current, but you've got lots of options on that front.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night