A couple questions on the trading section...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

For those unaware (or not yet eligible), I'm hosting a game (mostly steam key) giveaway in this thread here. It's not my first, and it's probably not my last one either. But that's not why I'm posting here. It's because I noticed two things that are new to me:

* last year it was possible as OP to lock the thread. This was convenient for me because the end of the round takes about an hour of rummaging through pages to find, redeem and pm people what they wished for. Temporary locking it prevented people to blindly add to a round that was already over. It's not a big deal, but...is that feature still around, and if so...where did it go? :)

* as I just mentioned, I send out a lot of private messages this way. But there were two people (@ut2k4master and @godreborn ) where I just didn't have the option. More so, using their names with @ in front usually gives out a warning/notification to them, but ut2k4master (who noticed my post and adjusted his profile accordingly) noted it didn't happen there (not sure if he'll get a notification of this post either). In other words: I have no way to let @godreborn know I want to send him a message he implicitly requested (no, I'm not pasting a steam key out in the open...that's a sure way someone else will claim it instead). I somewhat get that people set their profile to "do not put out notifications and disallow pm's for any reason", but...is there another way to let @godreborn know I'm trying to reach him? :)

• Sad
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

For those unaware (or not yet eligible), I'm hosting a game (mostly steam key) giveaway in this thread here. It's not my first, and it's probably not my last one either. But that's not why I'm posting here. It's because I noticed two things that are new to me:

* last year it was possible as OP to lock the thread. This was convenient for me because the end of the round takes about an hour of rummaging through pages to find, redeem and pm people what they wished for. Temporary locking it prevented people to blindly add to a round that was already over. It's not a big deal, but...is that feature still around, and if so...where did it go? :)

* as I just mentioned, I send out a lot of private messages this way. But there were two people (@ut2k4master and @godreborn ) where I just didn't have the option. More so, using their names with @ in front usually gives out a warning/notification to them, but ut2k4master (who noticed my post and adjusted his profile accordingly) noted it didn't happen there (not sure if he'll get a notification of this post either). In other words: I have no way to let @godreborn know I want to send him a message he implicitly requested (no, I'm not pasting a steam key out in the open...that's a sure way someone else will claim it instead). I somewhat get that people set their profile to "do not put out notifications and disallow pm's for any reason", but...is there another way to let @godreborn know I'm trying to reach him? :)
i got a notification for this post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.