Hacking A couple questions concerning M3 Simply and EZ 3-in-1

CronoDyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get the EZ 3-in-1 GBA cart for my DS, but I want to make sure I know what i'm doing/getting before I spend the money for it.

1.) I have M3 Simply. Is what I need to play GBA roms the EZ 3-in-1 cart? I assume it goes like this, but im not sure: put the 3-in-1 cart in the GBA slot, put a GBA rom on a mini SD and put that in the M3 Simply cart (like what I do for DS roms), load up the GBA slot from the M3 Simply menu, and there I can chose roms to play. Is this right?

2.) How well do GBA roms play? Is it like playing a SNES emulator? Or is like DS roms, where most games run as perfect as the actual DS game?

Thanks for any help!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, i have an R4 and since the two carts are almost identical i should be able to help you.

What i do is i boot up rudolphs GBA exp loader (set as my multimedia in disguise) and than select the game i want to play.

oh and the games play like normal GBA games.

and if you want to know how to set gba to multimedia, just rename it DS_MSHL_DAT or something. thats what you do with R4's.

hope i helped.

-8BitWalugi

CronoDyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help, 8BitWalugi! I have a couple more questions tho...

So you DO put the GBA ROMs on your mini SD card. So does the GBA Loader write the ROMs to the EZ Flash 3 in 1 cart? If so, can you delete files off of the cart so I can make room for more ROMs once i'm finished with them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning