Hacking A clean reset for the Wii

ThatGuyFlip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I bought a wii, homebrewed it, and I realized I kind of screwed up. Old save files, nothing about me on it. Sadly, I got to unhomebrew it to reset it to stock. I've seen a pretty risky way to do it, although I wanna be as safe as possible. Yes, I have made a nand backup, Yes I have priiloader, no I do not have bootmii as boot2, only ios. Any help would be very appreciated!

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try checking out this video. As much as I dislike video tutorials for these kinds of things, this channel is pretty dedicated to soft-modding various consoles:

Not sure why you'd want to reset to stock considering all the benefits you obtain through modding.

ThatGuyFlip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try checking out this video. As much as I dislike video tutorials for these kinds of things, this channel is pretty dedicated to soft-modding various consoles:

Not sure why you'd want to reset to stock considering all the benefits you obtain through modding.

That's the video I found, I didn't want to permanently remove homebrew, only long enough to remove the old files from the wii's previous owner.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Dude, removing homebrew isn't "permanent". Just follow that video (since wii.guide doesn't have a guide on virginifying a wii) and once you have ALL homebrew stuff removed, open the Wii Shop channel, and then select settings, and then "Remove Wii Shop Channel Account". Follow the on-screen instructions, then once that's done, go into System Settings > Wii Settings > Page 3 > Factory Reset. Let me know if it prompts for a Parental Controls pin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After the factory reset is done, just run letterbomb again, reinstall the HBC and BootMii, and then run the PriiLoader installer again.

Reactions: Dud

ThatGuyFlip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, removing homebrew isn't "permanent". Just follow that video (since wii.guide doesn't have a guide on virginifying a wii) and once you have ALL homebrew stuff removed, open the Wii Shop channel, and then select settings, and then "Remove Wii Shop Channel Account". Follow the on-screen instructions, then once that's done, go into System Settings > Wii Settings > Page 3 > Factory Reset. Let me know if it prompts for a Parental Controls pin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After the factory reset is done, just run letterbomb again, reinstall the HBC and BootMii, and then run the PriiLoader installer again.
Dude, this helped me so much, thank you man!

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

ThatGuyFlip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, call me a jerk but I would've just dumped all their WiiWare wads and stuff before removing the wii shop account, but that doesn't have a guide on wii.guide. so I didn't realy include that, plus it could technically count as piracy.
I realised that earlier, should of dumped the netflix and hulu channel included. Plus, it had no wiiware. Only those 2 items.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Honestly, call me a jerk but I would've just dumped all their WiiWare wads and stuff before removing the wii shop account, but that doesn't have a guide on wii.guide. so I didn't realy include that, plus it could technically count as piracy.
He's got a nand dump, it's still doable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: