Country
Lol, my bad English
tongue.gif

pikay2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone mind helping me? It's freezing on the first puzzle in no$gba. I tried the patch, and tried with a clean save, but it's still freezing for me. I tried on desmume, and I can get past the first puzzle on a clean ROM, but the cutscenes run incredibly slow.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
campbell00 said:
I have a question about the true ending: MAJOR SPOILER DO NOT LOOK

Was the girl hitchhiking at the end "Alice"? And if so, then how is that significant to the plot? Sure, it's cool and all, but how does it resolve things? Or, is it leaving the door open for some kind of sequel?

It's a LOL ending. That's it. There's nothing to look into, it was just supposed to be funny. The ending as a whole tried to lighten the intense mood.

QUOTE(pikay2k @ Dec 26 2010, 04:49 AM) Anyone mind helping me? It's freezing on the first puzzle in no$gba. I tried the patch, and tried with a clean save, but it's still freezing for me. I tried on desmume, and I can get past the first puzzle on a clean ROM, but the cutscenes run incredibly slow.

Maybe it's your computer? DeSmuME, or whatever the hell it's called, worked perfectly for me.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Been reading this topic sometimes and damn those same questions just keeps popping up! Could somebody pleeease make FAQ or something
biggrin.gif

If somebody knows link to this games sprites then please link it thx

vodoochild81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game keeps freezing on me. I upgraded to the lated version of Wood R4 1.20 and it's still crashing. Was there AP on this game? Should I be looking for a patched version of this rom?

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
So i just watched the beginning of this video, and i have not actually seen it before, i just ignored the previews when playing the game. Now i am confused as fuck, what do the lines in the beginning mean?! "Unfortunately, thats the wrong answer. Actually, i am Santa."

Fat-Goron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This game is AMAZING.

This didn't happened, but it would be awesome:

Think about it.... remember John/Lucy? What if June did die? According to Santa, June wasn't supposed to be in the ship, because she wasn't a receptor, she was a TRANSMITTER. Now... she was in danger, all that stuff happening, she could really be able to access the morphic ressonance field... The game suggests she was able to see even "other timelines"... Now, remember the whole "monitor x cpu" speech that Lotus gave in Room 8? What if June was able to "access" a "monitor" that was still working, but was not "connected to the cpu"???

This certainly doesn't make any sense, but, think about it....

June would end up "transferring" herselft, "connecting to this monitor" in an alternate reality...... That "monitor" couldn't be too far, it should have been there.... it would have to still be working, but, without a "cpu"..... Yeah, I guess you already know...... Allice.

It would be awesome if June, right before her death, just "transferred" herself to "another reality"'s Allice's body through the morphic ressonance field. Then, June would become "Zero" and try to save that reality's June doing a second Nonary Game.... That means.... the one behind Zero's mask, in fact, is Allice, that is, in fact, the "other" June....

And, concluding, the one who appears at the very last moment of true ending... Allice... would be... June herself. The one who died in the incinerator, not the one who was with Junpei all along.

Yeah.... drugs......

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is from Wikipedia:

QUOTE said:
However, this is only the True Ending. Depending on the player's decision throughout the game, other endings can ensue. In the Axe Ending, Clover, driven insane by her brother Snake's death, murders the rest of the participants with the axe used by Ace to kill Cap. In the Knife Ending, Ace murders Lotus and Junpei, and presumably, although not shown, the rest of the people as well. In the Submarine Ending, an unknown assailant kills everyone right before the group escapes on a submarine. It is presumed by several clues that this assailant is Ace. In the Safe Ending, which is required to unlock the True Ending, Clover is killed by Ace and Junpei discovers the truth behind Ace's evil deeds while on the ship. However, Junpei, having not rescued Akane in the past, is gassed by Zero after failing to be trapped within the incinerator. Zero says that it is she who has failed, as it is she who did not use morphic resonance correctly to get Junpei to be in that situation. Thus, Akane ceases to exist. It is worthy to note that these endings are not false, they are merely different future paths that Akane sees while in the incinerator. By seeing them all, Akane is able to feed Junpei various information, such as correct door selections, code combinations, and secrets about the characters' pasts, that he would have otherwise not known.

I KNEW IT! MULTIPLE PATHS! oh yeah, I'm proud I was actually able to understand the game as much as I did.

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
This is from Wikipedia:

QUOTE said:
However, this is only the True Ending. Depending on the player's decision throughout the game, other endings can ensue. In the Axe Ending, Clover, driven insane by her brother Snake's death, murders the rest of the participants with the axe used by Ace to kill Cap. In the Knife Ending, Ace murders Lotus and Junpei, and presumably, although not shown, the rest of the people as well. In the Submarine Ending, an unknown assailant kills everyone right before the group escapes on a submarine. It is presumed by several clues that this assailant is Ace. In the Safe Ending, which is required to unlock the True Ending, Clover is killed by Ace and Junpei discovers the truth behind Ace's evil deeds while on the ship. However, Junpei, having not rescued Akane in the past, is gassed by Zero after failing to be trapped within the incinerator. Zero says that it is she who has failed, as it is she who did not use morphic resonance correctly to get Junpei to be in that situation. Thus, Akane ceases to exist. It is worthy to note that these endings are not false, they are merely different future paths that Akane sees while in the incinerator. By seeing them all, Akane is able to feed Junpei various information, such as correct door selections, code combinations, and secrets about the characters' pasts, that he would have otherwise not known.

I KNEW IT! MULTIPLE PATHS! oh yeah, I'm proud I was actually able to understand the game as much as I did.
It wasn't that hard to get really o-o

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zeroneo said:
ShadowSoldier said:
This is from Wikipedia:

QUOTE said:

It wasn't that hard to get really o-o

Clearly you've never read all the posts in this thread, or on other sites. But the fact that I was able to understand it, is a shock to me because I never get things right.

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm really, what else could the multiple endings mean? Anyone who got True Ending would be able to reach that conclusion. I guess i was wrong about it then :/

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Gundam Eclipse said:
So i just watched the beginning of this video, and i have not actually seen it before, i just ignored the previews when playing the game. Now i am confused as fuck, what do the lines in the beginning mean?! "Unfortunately, thats the wrong answer. Actually, i am Santa."
Forgot to add the video.

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cinemastique said:
Let me be clear, it's not the descriptiveness that I dislike. It's the overly flowery writing. If you emphasize everything, then it all blends together. You know how if someone shouts all the time, it's tough to tell when they're angry? A writer who describes everything in exacting detail, regardless of importance, is calling attention to things just because they can, and not because they're using that tool wisely. Too many spices can ruin a meal, and over-describing is, in fact, poor writing.

Also, things like June thinking over her nickname for "a few minutes," before replying, when the author clearly means "a few seconds." Or "Santa was shivering at an INCREDIBLE rate." Alarming rate, violent rate, sure. But to shiver at an incredible (not believable) rate? Was he vibrating through the floor? If you're in a freezer, it's pretty credible to shiver. Maybe these things are translation problems.

It just seemed very 10th-Grade Lit Society, but that's just my opinion. Maybe I expect too much from video game writing, but if the writers of Bioshock can be awesome, the writers of 999 should, too. The bar is set.
I'm sure this conversation is dead by now, but people have to keep in mind that Aksys is a niche company while Ken Levine, if Wikipedia is to be believed, has a liberal arts degree. Not to mention that this wasn't a large project. A lot of niche, translated games tend to have either awkward word choices, bad grammar, or flat dialogue, probably because the people who work on them are translators, not writers. The original Japanese version probably had the excessive descriptiveness as well, though. As far as I know, it's not really uncommon in Japanese visual novels, but I wouldn't know. I don't know this writer's qualifications either.

It's fine to say that's a fault of the game, because it is [although some people don't believe so]. I think that comparing this to Bioshock is a little unfair though.

Deck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still have freezing issues with my M3DS Real. I managed to get passed the first puzzle by patching the rom someone linked to earlier(http://filetrip.net/f22948-9-Hours-9-Perso...AP-Fix-1-0.html) and deleting the old save. Now I'm stuck in the kitchen where the game keeps freezing.

Should I just give up on playing this on my DS and play it on an emulator instead?

Also I can't seem to find any european release date for this game, anyone know why that is? I'd like to buy it whenever it's released over here.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
finished another playthough yesterday night.....got the safe ending....ohhh boy...the shit really hit the fan in that ending....I won't go into detail but...june...no,codenames don't matter anymore....kanny...KANNY!!
goddamnit
frown.gif

saw some guides so I could plan my next playthrough to the axe ending and the true ending and from what I've seen the game has only 5 endings?!
then why are there 6 question marks on the top screen in the menu?

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dysan said:
finished another playthough yesterday night.....got the safe ending....ohhh boy...the shit really hit the fan in that ending....I won't go into detail but...june...no,codenames don't matter anymore....kanny...KANNY!!
goddamnit
frown.gif

saw some guides so I could plan my next playthrough to the axe ending and the true ending and from what I've seen the game has only 5 endings?!
No it has 6. It's just that the path to True Ending is the same as the path to Coffin ending (True Ending is a continuation to that ending so when you get that one you also get Ending 2).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
The guide is the quickest way to get all endings since two of the endings are actually are merged together if you have the safe ending already.

shiningnegro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zeroneo said:
dysan said:
goddamnit
frown.gif

No it has 6. It's just that the path to True Ending is the same as the path to Coffin ending (True Ending is a continuation to that ending so when you get that one you also get Ending 2).

u get the coffin ending if u didn't go to the safe ending first since u did check the previews when u finish the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la