9.2 browser not will be work soon ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Broadway, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Broadway
    OP

Broadway Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2015
    Bahrain
    I have a question. with firmware 4,5-8,0 you can no longer use the browser, when you try to run it - he asks for update your system.
    so how long does 9.2 browser work?
    I have no gateway (yet), so I do not want to downgrade your system now, I have a lot of games purchased in eshop. but I'm afraid that soon i be not able to use web-exploit.
    :wtf:

2. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    You can format the console to remove the update message, then block the updates from your router.

Gruntzer likes this.
  3. Broadway
    OP

Broadway Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2015
    Bahrain
    1. The internet browser does not work
    2. You can not format your system - it requires a firmware update
    3. You can not use formatting via gateway, because (go to 1).

:unsure:

4. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Well Thank God i downgraded just in the nick of time

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you can always use the browser if its installed....the issue is *some* consoles came without the browser pre-installed.......for these consoles the only way to get it is ny updating via the internet, on cart updates do not install the browser

Broadway likes this.
  6. Broadway
    OP

Broadway Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2015
    Bahrain
    if it's true, you reassur me. thank you!:bow::yay:

7. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    Which console/firmware version came without the browser?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    if your truly paranoid about it, you could, backup your 5.x+ nand, downgrade to 4.x, make another nand backup of your system on 4.x, then restore your 5.x+ nand backup.....then should nintendo suddenly whip out some browser blocker, you can always get a hardware mod installed and downgrade back to 4.x

well the most common one is any 8.1 Japanese n3DS consoles, but there has been other users who have got normal 3DS consoles with no browser installed.....not sure exactly where they came from, but it may of been specific batches like how the 8.1 JPN n3ds consoles didnt have it installed, or if maybe its something like if a console is sent in for warranty, or a nintendo refurb....there no clear pattern except for the 8.1 n3ds consoles

Broadway likes this.
  9. Broadway
    OP

Broadway Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2015
    Bahrain
    my friend bought the console with firmware version 2.2, then updated 3ds firmware to 4.5 via fire emblem.
    he can not use the internet browser now :unsure:but now I know why!

10. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    1. Once the browser works on a 3DS, it will never stop working. The problem is, if a 3DS doesn't have the browser, there's nothing you can do about it.
    2. Actually the format requires internet to unlink NNID, but will NOT update the 3DS.
    And on 4.5 or lower, you can still use the DS mset exploit without requiring the web browser to be functional.

11. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    I'm curious because I bought a Japanese N3DS on 8.1, which requires an update for the browser.

12. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Well currently, the exploit is not supported on N3DS for that reason.

13. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    That, and even if you did have the browser, it's different enough that the exploit wouldn't even work.

Ra1d likes this.