Homebrew 8Bitdo N30Pro on Wii

xStellar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, question. (Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section)

I recently got a N30 Pro and was wondering, is there any way to get it properly running with Nintendon't?

I downgraded it to 1.7 to get wii support but it doesn't seem to be working right. Newest firmware doesn't work at all.

Example: In Brawl D-Pad input is messed up and in Wind Waker, i cannot crouch (use z).
I have to use the wii u mode on the controller to even get something working with Nintendon't.

Last edited by xStellar,

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the SN30 Pro, the only reliable way to use it in the Wii is using the USB cable and configuring the controller.ini, this way you'll the controller as a HID device.
Try this method, since 8bitdo dropped support for the wii/wiiu in favor of the Switch it's improbable they'll reintroduce support for it.

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have NES30 controller with firmware 2.69, this is the only firmware that works for me. The controller connects as a Wiimote, but too bad that the L+R buttons are not working. Was hoping for a new firmware type so that the wii will recognize the controller as a wiimote with connected nunchuck or a classic controller, but what evertonstz said, 8Bitdo dropped the support. I don't know what the best firmware version is for the NES30 Pro but maybe you can hunt down some old firmware, the later versions 8Bitdo had released were all without classic wii support.

I only use the controller to play Mega Man 9 and 10 but it plays a bit stiff, i don't like the feel of these controllers, maybe i need to buy an official nes classic controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL