Homebrew 64gb+ cards

chocofenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just modded my 3DS, all seems to have gone well, did I read something about 64gb + cards corrupting, is there a fix? I vaguely remember seeing something about a file but cant find it. Currently rocking an 8gb card lmao

it's on the latest nintendo firmware and latest tools

what's the best way to play old ds games? Is it still twilight++? Whats its compatibility like?

thanks guys

Reactions: yuyuyup

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just modded my 3DS, all seems to have gone well, did I read something about 64gb + cards corrupting, is there a fix? I vaguely remember seeing something about a file but cant find it. Currently rocking an 8gb card lmao

it's on the latest nintendo firmware and latest tools

what's the best way to play old ds games? Is it still twilight++? Whats its compatibility like?

thanks guys
its linked to using twlmenu to play ds games but apparently its fixed

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWiLight Menu++, see the warning concerning 64 GB and bigger SD cards.

@Robz8, are you guys looking for a bug tester? If so, what would be the best way to get in contact with the [ TWiLight Menu / nds-bootstrap ] crew?
Try the discord server.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.528133/
I haven't used the latest version of TWiLight Menu to be able to tell you for sure. It's probably found somewhere in TWiLight's settings. Press the DSi icon found between the "Start GBARunner2" and (HOME) button.
"Start GBARunner2" has changed to the last-ran ROM.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Sundree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk, I use a 128gb micro sd card on my 3ds and I've had no issues with the cfw, or TWiLight Menu++.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funny timing. I just installed a 64gb card today and it corrupted within 30 minutes of launching a DS game using NDS Bootstrap. FML. :)
That happened to me only days ago (I'm pretty sure because I was trying to get Widescreen working) I'm pretty sure this thread is based on my post, R.I.P. to your saves

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
It was with a fresh install of twilight menu so whichever version of bootstrap comes packaged. And yes the FAT table cache was turned off.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a 256gb on my primary 3DS for the past 3 years and the only "corruption issue" I had was a screwed up install of a YouTube app I had but other than that it has never let me down

Last edited by VictorMoreno015,

Elwyndas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only buy brand name cards from Amazon (not 3rd party on Amazon!). I've been burnt by "deals". It's not worth the headache or saving a few $.
Crappy/fake SD cards really exist. I didn't believe it until I saw it firsthand. Cost me hundreds of $ in a business transaction.
The problem with large SD cards on the 3DS is just that there are longer loading times. It's apparently not known why that happens, but I can confirm it. Up to 64gb gives you the fastest loading times. Above that, it slows down. It's not really that big of a deal. You will only notice this when you install CIA's for example. I don't think that it causes any issues in games.

Last edited by Elwyndas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite