Hacking Question 6.2.0 Updates? is it worth to start the hacking process before SSBU's release?

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can't look at your files, they can check them (have a program checking files, but they can't directly look what files you have). But if you have other partition on your SD, they can't check that partition, they can only know that you have one.
The same way they could "search ur SD card for emunand bin files" they could look for homebrew apps, license files, et al.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The same way they could "search ur SD card for emunand bin files" they could look for homebrew apps, license files, et al.
Yes, they can. That's why nobody is saying otherwise.

And I am not saying that EmuNAND is not safe. Just that it is not the only nor the safest thing.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought smash already but just want to play a pirated one until it's released. So play online on the real copy of the game I mean. That won't result in bans right? Or?

As others mentioned, emuNAND is the way to go, but if you're inexperienced with all of this you're safer just waiting. Nintendo is handing out bans for the smallest of hacks. Honestly, it's one week away. I have a hacked Switch and I'm not even getting the early dump, I'd rather wait and play it legit on my legit Switch. It saves me time too since you can't really move your save files between consoles - another easily bannable offense.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I set up a 6.1.0 emuNAND (offline play only) and updated sysNAND to 6.2.0 (for online and legit games). It works flawlessly so far using a FAT32 formatted high-quality and expensive SanDisk Extreme Pro mSD. Sleep mode doesn’t work on 6.1.0 emuNAND but that’s not a big deal for me since I always perform a shutdown when not playing.

Reactions: King_Knoedel

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up a 6.1.0 emuNAND (offline play only) and updated sysNAND to 6.2.0 (for online and legit games). It works flawlessly so far using a FAT32 formatted high-quality and expensive SanDisk Extreme Pro mSD. Sleep mode doesn’t work on 6.1.0 emuNAND but that’s not a big deal for me since I always perform a shutdown when not playing.
I would suggest keeping sysnand and emunand on 6.1 for him. There's no need to be on 6.2 yet.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of now there is no safe way to play online with a modded switch. Best to just have 2 switches and use 1 for online play with legit game. Luckily i caught a deal last week and snagged a brand new switch for under 200 im currently using as my "legit" switch.

Hopefully in the future we will be able to play "Safely" online with modded systems as we can with the 3ds and wii u. But as of now we can't.

sim3001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can't look at your files, they can check them (have a program checking files, but they can't directly look what files you have). But if you have other partition on your SD, they can't check that partition, they can only know that you have one.
And that's btw exactly what they can do.
you know you can have millions of files on a sd that don't relate to the switch. Them checking and finding any homebrew files cannot prove anything because a user can store anything on a microSD card lol. Thats like telling someone to not put something inside the trunk of their car that they bought just because they have a drivers licence to drive said car thats issued by the governing authority...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game