United States
clegion said:
nIxx said:
Why on earth Sony would pay him !?
Anyway read the upper right text
wink.gif

http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspwiki/index.php/Main_Page
he thought that corporates pay people so they stop modding their products
well actually if you stay true to your principle (pirating), you wouldn't want to get paid,

You guys act like its never happened. A lot of good emulator people got hired at different companys and had to sign contracts saying they wont release another public emu ever again. One of the most famous ones, was the Xbox 1 emulator. The guy got Turok working and was making good progress. Microsoft wanted it to stop, so they offered the guy a job to make the software emulator for xbox 1 games on xbox 360. When he joined, the contract stated he would never write a public emulator again.

Get some facts and know how this industry works.

BKZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
The latest PSP firmware 6.0 is coming tomorrow, that's according to a very reliable source of PS3-Sense.nl. And to prove that it's real, the source has released the official changelog of the firmware update. If you may recall just days ago, Allison Walter of NIS America accidentally announced via the EU PlayStaion Blog that a new PSP firmware is indeed coming before September 10. Check out the changes after the break.

PSP firmware 6.00 changelog:

* Playstation Store Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expire date under [GAME]
* Importing of playlist from the Media GO! applications is now supported under Music
* Under [Settings] - [Network Update] has been chnaged to [System Update]
* The number of Colors that can be selected under [Settings] > [Theme Settings] has been increased
* In [Display Panel Close Options] under [Settings] > [System Settings], the design for the [Standard] oprion has been changed
* The PSP Go! system can now connect to the Internet via a Bluetooth modem such as a mobile phone

We're still tagging this one as rumor until the real thing is released, so let's see how tomorrow goes.

Got this from qj. Seems like 6.00 is coming out tomorrow but this might be false.

source: http://www.qj.net/Rumor-PSP-firmware-6-0-c...g/49/aid/134394

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BKZ said:
QUOTE said:
The latest PSP firmware 6.0 is coming tomorrow, that's according to a very reliable source of PS3-Sense.nl. And to prove that it's real, the source has released the official changelog of the firmware update. If you may recall just days ago, Allison Walter of NIS America accidentally announced via the EU PlayStaion Blog that a new PSP firmware is indeed coming before September 10. Check out the changes after the break.

PSP firmware 6.00 changelog:

* Playstation Store Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expire date under [GAME]
* Importing of playlist from the Media GO! applications is now supported under Music
* Under [Settings] - [Network Update] has been chnaged to [System Update]
* The number of Colors that can be selected under [Settings] > [Theme Settings] has been increased
* In [Display Panel Close Options] under [Settings] > [System Settings], the design for the [Standard] oprion has been changed
* The PSP Go! system can now connect to the Internet via a Bluetooth modem such as a mobile phone

We're still tagging this one as rumor until the real thing is released, so let's see how tomorrow goes.

Got this from qj. Seems like 6.00 is coming out tomorrow but this might be false.

source: http://www.qj.net/Rumor-PSP-firmware-6-0-c...g/49/aid/134394

All of this is probably enough of new stuff for DAX to make a cfw. And there might be more, changelog don't always tell everything. Well, I hope he decides to do it, cross your fingers people !!!!!

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well its out and here's the changelog:
For those of you looking to customize your XMB (XrossMediaBar), a few new colors will be added under the Theme Settings. These new theme colors can be used on PSP models 2000 or after (PSP-2000, 3000 and N1000).

A security patch has been added.
[Network Update] has been renamed as [System Update.
looks like nothing to me.
dry.gif

edit: here's a video.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, not too bad, he has given us more than we begged for.
So maybe a 7.00 m33.

Hopefully atleast, my lucky number is 7 so that's just got to be right.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
justinefremlouw said:
indeed:
QUOTE(http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspwiki/index.php/Main_Page) said:
"Please, don't ask here, the Blog, IRC, etc for a 6.00 M33, as it isn't planned.
--Alek 15:25, 10 September 2009 (UTC) ~~"
there you have it, no m33 for 6.00

Come on, this is ridiculous, now I am starting to think he is lazy.

Especially, since all he would need is a few hours. Guess he doesn't care anymore, he should just announce he is leaving and stop pissing people off with updates that he might or might not do.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At least, he should give us an update on what he want to do. The guy completely ignored the community for the past year, saying it's gonna get an update when it's worth it. Well, that excuse isn't working anymore, between 5.00 and 6.00, a lot of stuffs came out.

Beside, 3.90, 4.00 and 5.00 didn't have any noteworthy updates either if I recall. They weren't worth a X.00 update either.

5.00 got USB auto-connect, which is what, like the lamest feature ever? He made a cfw for this junk.

What pisses me off isn't the lack of update in itself, but the guy doesn't even tell anything. He has completely gone off the internet.

If at least he said clearly himself: I am gonna do that or not gonna that, that would be great. Now, all we get is messages from his personal slave Alek, who probably doesn't even know him anyway. As far as we all know, Dax could have got in a car accident and he is burried 6 feets under, worms eating his decaying body.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
All he'd need is a few hours to figure out how to decrypt the additional prx's and get around the new security patches, reverse them if necessary and create a new CFW? I've heard of positive thinking but "a few hours" is a bit too positive!

Maybe if everyone started sending PP donations that might remind him that we're not all ungrateful and demanding leechers?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
All he'd need is a few hours to figure out how to decrypt the additional prx's and get around the new security patches, reverse them if necessary and create a new CFW? I've heard of positive thinking but "a few hours" is a bit too positive!

Maybe if everyone started sending PP donations that might remind him that we're not all ungrateful and demanding leechers?

If I recall, he released 3.90 in 6 hours. Also, if only he could say something.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, for one, I liked the USB auto connect feature XD save my lazy ass one step. As for the whole it's gonna get an update when it's worth it, it is obviously his opinion, as he said it. Meaning HE decides if it's worth it, not anyone else, so if it's not working for you...well, there's always GEN or OFW...besides, if you say it's easy as that is, why don't you do it? After all, since you said it could be done in a matter of hours, you would've had it done by now had you not be on forums whining

sebnec

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rock Raiyu said:
Apparently GEN Team are looking into a 6.00 GEN...don't know the details. The website is in french so I'm just going by the translations so I may be wrong. So don't get your hopes up just yet.

Hi,

I checked many french sites and did not read anything about a custom 6.0. Just some news about the official one. If you think you own a reliable link and need a translation, just don't hesitate.
wink.gif

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
justinefremlouw said:
indeed:
QUOTE(http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspwiki/index.php/Main_Page) said:
"Please, don't ask here, the Blog, IRC, etc for a 6.00 M33, as it isn't planned.
--Alek 15:25, 10 September 2009 (UTC) ~~"
there you have it, no m33 for 6.00

Come on, this is ridiculous, now I am starting to think he is lazy.

Especially, since all he would need is a few hours. Guess he doesn't care anymore, he should just announce he is leaving and stop pissing people off with updates that he might or might not do.

It's possible that's being said to throw people off and make the release appear 'unexpected.'

I agree though....I would have an easier time with "I'm not doing this anymore" than "I'm closing the site and leaving....no, I'm really just closing the forums, I'm still around."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1