505 Games elaborates on this week's accidental Switch launch of Indivisible

Mm4xYH7.png

Lab Zero wasn't the only party that was shocked to see their own game launch without warning yesterday. According to an explanation post made on the game's official website, it looks like publisher 505 Games also did not expect to see Indivisible release so suddenly. Supposedly, the Nintendo Switch port of Indivisible had passed every check and was ready for digital release, with a last-second decision to delay the game's release by a month in order to add in the extra content that had been added to the game on other platforms. However, while all involved had agreed to the May launch window, they'd forgotten to change the release date of the build, meaning the game unintentionally went live prior to the patches being added as a day 1 update.

An update for the game is still planned, in order to bring parity to the Switch version, which will include a framerate toggle, 1080p docked support, performance updates, and Roti. Those who backed the game on Switch through Indiegogo are being contacted in order to receive their digital copy, which had not been sent out.

Posted on April 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Hey, everyone. Some updated info on yesterday’s surprise Switch Launch.

April 28th was the original launch date for Indivisible on Switch. The build had passed QA and submission checks and was approved for release by all parties. Everything was set to automatically go live on that date. The build released was the planned launch build of the game.

A decision was made to delay the launch to early May to allow for a Day 1 update. This update will add a framerate toggle option, 1080 docked support, Roti, performance updates and localization changes when it goes live in May.

Unfortunately, the new launch date did not get changed within the release tool. This resulted in the game going live yesterday to the surprise of everyone involved, including 505 Games.

The early launch does have an impact on Indiegogo backers who have not yet received their digital keys. We are working to fulfill those keys as quickly as possible and have them distributed via BackerKit surveys. We are working to deliver keys earlier than our planned May launch date. An announcement will be made when keys are being distributed.

Backers of the physical version will get an opportunity to update their shipping address shortly. We expect 1-2 months delay due to manufacturing and shipping delays worldwide. Please check Indiegogo updates for more info.

We apologize for the suddenness of the launch and the impact it has on the game’s backers.

Thanks for your patience and we hope you enjoy Indivisible a bit earlier than expected on Switch!

:arrow: Source

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Well the early release at the very least made me look into the game a bit. It looks pretty neat, if not a little pricey at $40. Edit: It's only $24 on Switch. I was looking at the wrong version. I think $24 is a really good price!

Last edited by Ericzander,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Are we sure it wasn't a marketing strategy? I didn't even know about this game till now.
I might be a bit more aware because all I do here is cover gaming news, but prior to its release last year, Indivisible had quite some hype following it, with a pretty successful crowdfunding campaign, it performed well in sales on PS4/PC, it won multiple pre-release awards at E3, etc. it could very well be a stunt, but I don’t think the game was dire enough and niche to the point of needing it.

D

Deleted User

Glad to see that it was just a mistake, and not the result of any shady grubbiness on 505's part.

Reactions: Chary

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welp, this will teach 505 and others to double-check release timers and stuff, for sure.
"Hey, did you leave the stove on?"
"No, I'm pretty sure I turned it off."
"Did you double-check that, mate?"
"Uh...no?"
Cue house burning down and people rushing to fix it

Reactions: Sumasuun

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finished it a while ago, great game but just be warned it ain't an easy game after the first chapter and you'll be cursing and grinding a lot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1