Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyone that has the Kexploit has a moral obligation to not share, because they are all the example of integrity and use the Kexploit for only the purist of reasons.

Anyone that wants the Kexploit is a dirty pirate and scum of humanity and should stop their entitled whining.

Got it, it's totally not just elitism :rolleyes:

Wiiu section, I hope you never change.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone that has the Kexploit has a moral obligation to not share, because they are all the example of integrity and use the Kexploit for only the purist of reasons.
The moment another kernel exploit is found, I have no doubt the current one will be released right away.

Reactions: hudhair and WeedZ

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The moment another kernel exploit is found, I have no doubt the current one will be released right away.
Relys said:
No, Hykem was working on an IOSU vulnerability (I don't know about the details for that though). MN1 identified another vulnerability in IOSU which I can confirm exists. Smea/plutoo/yellows8/derek have their own IOSU vuln they worked on which is very early in the boot chain.

As for PPC kernel there is only one other vulnerability that I'm aware of (which I have full code for). I identified that it might lead to something awhile back but couldn't get my write primitive to work. MN1 RE'd the code further and was able to get the primitive to work in the kernel heap which lead to development of a write, what, where primitive used to overwrite the syscall table.

Don't know how to link posts in locked threads so.. https://gbatemp.net/threads/5-50-exploit.416470/

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Guys, sell your 5.5.x, buy 5.3.2

Easy peasy. Stop crying if you cannot wait for your precious piracy :)

Some of us are interested in development, aren't going to pirate games and would rather not make a loss on their purchase if an easier solution does exist. People do need to cool their frustrations on these boards but they also need to be understanding of why certain people are frustrated. I think we can all agree that it's not the best situation where there are things out there that are potentially quite useful and only available to a small minority. It's also really off-putting to hobbyist lurker types like myself (although there have been a few users here who do post some cool stuff, you have to wade through alot of nonsense). :)

Reactions: Kafluke

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... When you have all of the games worth playing... I want IOSU mainly for the hacking experience. We won't get that for a long time. Kexploit will have to due.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated OP. Added MysteriU :)
Hey, could you add some more of mine? I noticed you only have U-Paint v1.0 in the list, but here are three more that work on 5.5 -
https://gbatemp.net/threads/litenesu-16-in-1-emulator-and-source-code-5-5-x-firmware.418689/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ast-u-roids-v2-0-elf-version-for-5-5-x-firmware-only.417826/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/u-paint-v2-0-homebrew-release.414918/

And you also don't have Quark The Awesome's LiteNESU -
https://gbatemp.net/threads/5-5-0-1-wip-litenesu-a-terrible-userspace-nes-emulator.417827/

Your list says no emulators have been made, but Quark The Awesome and I both made ports of LiteNES.

Reactions: GOT4N
D

Deleted User

"Pirate" "Scum"

Some people want the exploit so they can develop mods and homebrew apps for the Wii U. (Take my mod for example.) Not everyone is a dirty pirate.
Couldn't have said that better myself! :D
I want to use the kernel exploit to develop Wii U games with Unity for Wii U (I always brag on about it lol :lol:)
but @Marionumber1 would you mind responding to my PM sometime? It's been since friday and I've posted the evidence of previous work. :)
(I know you're still kinda busy these days, but it will probably only take a couple of minutes at the most to review. ^_^)

Reactions: realize

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't have said that better myself! :D
I want to use the kernel exploit to develop Wii U games with Unity for Wii U (I always brag on about it lol :lol:)
but @Marionumber1 would you mind responding to my PM sometime? It's been since friday and I've posted the evidence of previous work. :)
(I know you're still kinda busy these days, but it will probably only take a couple of minutes at the most to review. ^_^)
I keep forgetting to tell you, but I got Unity for Wii U now as well. I haven't installed it yet, still just using the regular Unity for now until I figure out an exploit for the Wii U, or one gets released. I hope for your sake that you can get the kexploit, good luck, if that is what you want. There are a few devs that I know would make good use of it, and you are on that list. Will be looking to play with your stuff when you are finally allowed to release it all.

Reactions: Deleted User

cybercuate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do we have access to SD card on 5.5.0. hacking and homebrew?. I'm looking for a "manga or comic reader". It could be a JPG/PNG/BMP/PDF even TXT reader or a website linker to some websites that """""distribute""""" manga and comics on PORTRAIT MODE in the gamepad (already reading on web browser but NO portrait mode supported anywhere).

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Pirate" "Scum"

Some people want the exploit so they can develop mods and homebrew apps for the Wii U. (Take my mod for example.) Not everyone is a dirty pirate.
Do none of you mothafuckas understand sarcasm? This is like the third time I've been quoted by the people I was taking up for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1