Hacking 5.4.0 progress

TheMaxynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I NEED HELP Please.. every time I try to self host or use sonic blue and load the kernel, this comes up on the wii u gamepad and freezes my screen
Make sure you are on 5.3.2 or 5.4.0, and try to reset your browser save data every time you try to run the loadiine exploit, because that highly increases your odds.
EDIT: I got loadiine v3 working on my 5.4.0 wiiu, running the kernel exploit from 05sonicblue and running loadiine v3 from raaaw.net/wiiu (I don't know why I can't get it working from 05sonicblue's site)

Last edited by TheMaxynator,

05sonicblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are on 5.3.2 or 5.4.0, and try to reset your browser save data every time you try to run the loadiine exploit, because that highly increases your odds.
EDIT: I got loadiine v3 working on my 5.4.0 wiiu, running the kernel exploit from 05sonicblue and running loadiine v3 from raaaw.net/wiiu (I don't know why I can't get it working from 05sonicblue's site)

Sorry guys, just realized that the self host package was an old version. It has been fixed. It should be pulling the latest version from github now

kifley19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.4.0 but for some reason whatever method I try... after i try to run the exploit, it goes to that screen and just freezes....

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you hosting the files?
Mongoose. It's the most successful, straight-forward option I've seen. It really should be mentioned in the OP, as opposed to HFS. Just make a folder on your desktop, I called mine payload, and include the necessary files. Either place the mongoose exe on your desktop or in your payload folder directly. Whenever you navigate to http://192.168.1.119:8080/ on in your Wii U browser, it will open to whatever directory you you placed the mongoose exe in.
upload_2016-1-23_16-1-30.png

kifley19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mongoose. It's the most successful, straight-forward option I've seen. It really should be mentioned in the OP, as opposed to HFS. Just make a folder on your desktop, I called mine payload, and include the necessary files. Either place the mongoose exe on your desktop or in your payload folder directly. Whenever you navigate to http://192.168.1.119:8080/ on in your Wii U browser, it will open to whatever directory you you placed the mongoose exe in.
View attachment 36442
where do i get mongoose from and you can upload a video of the steps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1