Hacking 5.4.0 progress

dschleif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And

I'm with 5.4.0E PAL console and I tried both windows 8.1 and raspberry openelec 6.0 to host files.

With HFS all MP4 exploits works well (both kernel, loadiine v2, wupinstaller and remove update), but loadiine v3 payload.MP4 in a folder with elfs freezes)
With openelec vfs same result
With Moongose works everything.

Both windows and openelec are wired.

This is my experience and I apologize if this information is not helping anyone
Would you be able to provide a screen shot of how you folders are setup? and which files you're using? would be greatly appreciated!

rbk3ai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you hosting it with? In IIS, you have to setup the mime type for .elf files

Thanks for the reply I am using my android phone with SimpleHttpServer the files work every time I was having to do it over and over on my laptop tons of freezes but it works flawlessly on my android but now I cant get past this error

05sonicblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you navigate to the elf url directly from a computer, does it try to download the file? It should try to download the file, if it doesn't, then that extension needs to be configured as an octet-stream

rbk3ai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it tries to download it I am unsure how to do the mime thing its a pretty basic app so maybe I will have to try another

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would you be able to provide a screen shot of how you folders are setup? and which files you're using? would be greatly appreciated!

Attached the screen shot. Both HFS and Mongoose are set the web root in e:\wii\wiiu.
in wiiu folder there are mp4 files from Sonicblue site and in loadiine v3 folder there are files from Onion Knight (that are the same of actual Sonicblue hbl site)
wiiu-hb.jpg

taxco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a compatibility list v3 (Mii mode).
I only can find the v4.

Is there a list of games we can use on 5.4.0 with mii maker.

THX

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And

I'm with 5.4.0E PAL console and I tried both windows 8.1 and raspberry openelec 6.0 to host files.

With HFS all MP4 exploits works well (both kernel, loadiine v2, wupinstaller and remove update), but loadiine v3 payload.MP4 in a folder with elfs freezes)
With openelec vfs same result
With Moongose works everything.

Both windows and openelec are wired.

This is my experience and I apologize if this information is not helping anyone
No I really appreciate you sharing your experience! It only adds to the database of tests results. Thank you.

I would just be careful making a definitive statement such as "payload.mp4 doesn't work with HFS".

It works for many people so adding "in my experience..." in front was the right call.

Thanks again for clarifying.

dschleif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Attached the screen shot. Both HFS and Mongoose are set the web root in e:\wii\wiiu.
in wiiu folder there are mp4 files from Sonicblue site and in loadiine v3 folder there are files from Onion Knight (that are the same of actual Sonicblue hbl site)
View attachment 36351
great, thanks! will try hosting it with mongoose these weekend

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get anything but a broken video player on my gamepad when I try this. Is this typical and I just need to keep trying?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free