Country
On the way!
OC Suite will be released even earlier. It's easier for me to update it, lol:

Done!

Switch-OC-Suite 1.5.1
Updated. The minimum required to get started (later - more):

sintez.io/configurator
cloud.sintez.io/oc-suite

If you find critical problems, let me know, I'll fix it.

ANNOUNCEMENT: If you have ideas for the functional development of the OS Suite that will not turn it into 4IFIR, I am happy to discuss this possibility with you.
Woops, I have just download pre-release version 4 hours ago. Will update when arrive home.
Thank you, mate.

Reactions: Cooler3D

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Gadzhimagomed respect you, I translated the text with the help of a Google translator. Your configurator is not working. Attach photo.
Sorry but I think you should translate it to English because this is a English-only forum.
For your concert, you should scroll down a little bit and there's a Configurator. The error you received is because KazushiMe has deleted his repo so function "get latest download" from his repo threw an error (which is not effected below Configurator).

1678805993337.png

MrNiceDonovan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My repositories have ~never been private. This is a myth that was spread by members of a very toxic discord community trying to hound me and cancel the project.

What kind of private can we talk about, when 4IFIR, by definition, cannot be anything other than a GPL project. Already from the second public alpha more than a year ago, and to this day, all sources, along with the build environment, are publicly available via a link from my cloud. I even attached a memorable link to give the address from memory when it needed:

Another question is that getting lost there is easy. If you can't figure it out on your own, let me know and I'll guide you.

P.S. For OC SUITE, I will deploy a GitHub repository just like it had before. I want the project will stay in the canonical appearance.

UPD. Added source code for Switch-OC-Suite as well.
Hope you didn't think I was rude - didn't know about the rumors being spread, it was just the links you provided in your guide ended up going to a 404 page on github. Making me assume it was private. thanks for the work and the 1.5.1 update, will soon try it out!

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
ope you didn't think I was rude - didn't know about the rumors being spread, it was just the links you provided in your guide ended up going to a 404 page on github. Making me assume it was private. thanks for the work and the 1.5.1 update, will soon try it out!

Don't worry, I didn't mean you in any way. Sorry if my answer came across as harsh.
I intend to refer to it in the future. I am sure that during my absence I have accumulated a lot of users who were inspired by fables for a long time. I can only patiently debunk these myths.

I will certainly make a repository for Suite OS in order to return the canonical state to the project. Immediately, after I update the ReverseNH-RT from the assembly.

I think that soon 4IFIR will be officially available on the GBA. I hope he doesn't disappoint you.

If you have any more questions, please contact me, I look at the thread from time to time. Good luck!

For your concert, you should scroll down a little bit and there's a Configurator. The error you received is because KazushiMe has deleted his repo so function "get latest download" from his repo threw an error (which is not effected below Configurator).

Correct. I will temporarily disable this request, and restore - as soon as I restore the API of the repository and the release in it.

Online configurator updated:
  1. Fixed most of the links.
  2. Temporarily hid the section generated via the Github API request.
  3. Disabled the timeout error.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have tested 4IFIR on my Switch OLED for a few days and tried to make a fair comparison.
Cooler helped me to find the cause of the crashes.
The Voltage was too low for my GPU on Stage 6 and 6+ but the standard kip in his zip is stable on my switch.
My Ram is also stable with his timings at 2400 MHz on Vddq 600mV & Vdd2 1125mV.
In OC Suite Ram was only stable at 2064MHz. 2131MHz was possible but only for about 30 minutes.

some Benchmarks
OC Suite 2064MHz:
OC_Suite_Bench_2064MHz.jpg

4IFIR 2400MHz:
4IFIR_Bench_2400MHz.jpg

It looks like memset benefits the most from the higher frequency.

Power Consumption in BotW at 60fps 720p
OC_Suite_Zelda_2064MHz.jpg
4IFIR_Zelda_2400MHz.jpg

GPU voltage is 170mV lower.

Powermeter:
OC_Suite_Zelda_2064MHz_Power.jpg
4IFIR_Zelda_2400MHz_Power.jpg

Consumption was ~2.5W lower or about -20%

Temps in BotW after 20 Minutes:
OC Suite ~54C | Fan at ~75%
4iFIR ~50C| Fan at ~50%
(with docked oled Fan settings)

It is noticeable in games too. I can play BotW now in 60fps 720p everywhere except in the kakariko forest.
Before it dropped here and there.
And Kirby stays locked 60 in areas where it wasn't possible before with 2131 MHz from OC Suite.

Thanks Cooler :yayswitch:

Last edited by swutch,

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have tested 4IFIR on my Switch for a few days and tried to make a fair comparison.
Cooler helped me to find the cause of the crashes.
The Voltage was too low for my GPU on Stage 6 and 6+ but the standard kip in his zip is stable on my switch.
My Ram is also stable with his timings at 2400 MHz on Vddq 600mV & Vdd2 1125mV.
In OC Suite Ram was only stable at 2064MHz. 2131MHz was possible but only for about 30 minutes.

some Benchmarks
OC Suite 2064MHz:
View attachment 359025

4IFIR 2400MHz:
View attachment 359026
It looks like memset benefits the most from the higher frequency.

Power Consumption in BotW at 60fps 720p
View attachment 359035View attachment 359037
GPU voltage is 170mV lower.

Powermeter:
View attachment 359039View attachment 359040
Consumption was ~2.5W lower or about -20%

Temps in BotW after 20 Minutes:
OC Suite ~54C | Fan at ~75%
4iFIR ~50C| Fan at ~50%
(with docked oled Fan settings)

It is noticeable in games too. I can play BotW now in 60fps 720p everywhere except in the kakariko forest.
Before it dropped here and there.
And Kirby stays locked 60 in areas where it wasn't possible before with 2131 MHz from OC Suite.

Thanks Cooler :yayswitch:
Wait, is this on an Erista or a Mariko?
As mentioned before, I have an Erista and waiting for a full safe (tested) release, im really excited as im kinda forced to play BOTW on 30fps where Im used to 144hz monitor, you could say that I can play at 60 on CEMU, but I play BOTW at work so i reserve it for there, its that good of a game that I would still play it at 30 but if i can up it to 60 with a huge resolution drop, I would mind at all, im all about the frames :)

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wait, is this on an Erista or a Mariko?
As mentioned before, I have an Erista and waiting for a full safe (tested) release, im really excited as im kinda forced to play BOTW on 30fps where Im used to 144hz monitor, you could say that I can play at 60 on CEMU, but I play BOTW at work so i reserve it for there, its that good of a game that I would still play it at 30 but if i can up it to 60 with a huge resolution drop, I would mind at all, im all about the frames :)
It's on an OLED Mariko Switch.
I think the resolution drop isn't worth it on Erista. But you can try it.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's on an OLED Mariko Switch.
I think the resolution drop isn't worth it on Erista. But you can try it.
well that would depend on the drop itself, 60fps is worth a lot more to me than resolution, provided this OC has better efficiency, I'm curious what would be a stable resolution to play on without any drops and slowdowns.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
i wanna try this on my erista switch but honestly im quite lost, waiting for a dummies guide for dummies like me

Reactions: Soler37

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@Cooler3D you need to use online configuration? no premade package? Im not technical.
i dont get it

The configurator is an optional add-on for tuning OС Suite. In the case of 4IFIR, the configurator is all the more unnecessary, it is useful to debug rare cases (3% of installations), with the most unsuccessful samples of Tegra chips.

In most cases, the configurator is not needed at all.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

MajinChibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
default.JPG

I only want RAM Overclock (besides the "normal" sysclk overclock)
When i load the "defaults" in the configurator, it switches to "mV 1235" but underneath is written "System default: 1120"
So, which is the default for Mariko?

Thanks in advance and for all the work!

Last edited by MajinChibi,

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I only want RAM Overclock (besides the "normal" sysclk overclock)
When i load the "defaults" in the configurator, it switches to "mV 1235" but underneath is written "System default: 1120"
So, which is the default for Mariko?

Thanks in advance and for all the work!

Glad to help. Default Max voltage for Tegra X1+ Mariko: 1120mV.
Post automatically merged:

Perhaps someone will be interested, posted some: 4IFIR Showcases (performance/power consumption)

Last edited by Cooler3D,
Reactions: MajinChibi

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People say that and it might very well be true. But isn't it my choice?
If you haven't figured it out they're very big believers in control and really don't truly believe in user freedom because they think it's "dumb" or "useless". They think we should be restricted from making our own choices because they think our choices are dumb and they should choose for us. That's the real reason those like Lumince and RetroNX despise 4IFIR, goes against that model of choosing for you and restricting your behavior.

If this wasn't true this project and its sister projects wouldn't have been struct down multiple times or requested to be removed, people can cite other reasons for it but I'm betting you can't prove that these are the actual motives behind these actions and not just excuses to make the ones doing this look better in the face of these allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay