Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's good to know.
I'm on 4.2, I downgraded from 9.2 yesterday. I think formatting might be the solution since my 3ds had already downloaded the latest update and was constantly nagging me to install it. Although after downgrading it hasn't seemed to ask me to update anymore.
Anyway I'm going to format right now, I'll report my results asap.

Did you eshop downloads and saves even survive the downgrade process?

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
on the net there are few websites that are sharing some properly cracked stuff in format of cia files ready to install on cfw. I can confirm that pokemon y (7.2.0) downloaded from one of this websites is working fine on cfw 4.5. I cant link anything on forum but google knows where to look ;)
Interesting! This is the first I heard of this. When you say Pokemon Y is working on CFW, is it able to save as well?

Jak27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HOLY CRAP I FINALLY DID IT!!!!! After doing all kinds of things just to try to get it to work, I reformatted the emuNAND, dragged it through the .bat again, and injected the resulting REDNAND into the sd card, and after a few tries, the internet browser loaded the page!! I immediately ran the run.bat and worked like a charm. One thing though, people are saying that once devmenu is installed, you don't need to press L when launching the cfw anymore, but everytime I launch without pressing, the cfw fails to launch. Should I just continue to launch pressing L?

Also, is it necessary to launch the cfw with the sd card that has the REDNAND on it?
Because I want to install some games but I don't have enough space on it, and I don't think sdhc cards work.

Reactions: jarmster

imXeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to run CFW's Launcher.dat by internet exploit? I'm trying to get working CFW without any ds flashcart (I have an old acekard, but it works on 4.3 or lower).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to run CFW's Launcher.dat by internet exploit? I'm trying to get working CFW without any ds flashcart (I have an old acekard, but it works on 4.3 or lower).
If your card works on 4.3 or lower, you're in luck. The Gateway downgrader brings you down to 4.2.0-9U.

relski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I change sd card by copying files over to a new(and bigger) sd card and use it as such or do I need to do everything again on the new sd?

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can I change sd card by copying files over to a new(and bigger) sd card and use it as such or do I need to do everything again on the new sd?

I think you only need to copy your files from the SD AND make a Backup of the hidden EmuNAND Partition of your SD Card (use EmuNAND Tool for it).
After this, create a new EmuNAND on the new SDCard with Gateway Launcher.
If you finished this, restore your BackupNAND from the old SD Card into the hidden Partition of the new SD Card

I didn't tested it yet, but normally it should work

relski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you only need to copy your files from the SD AND make a Backup of the hidden EmuNAND Partition of your SD Card (use EmuNAND Tool for it).
After this, create a new EmuNAND on the new SDCard with Gateway Launcher.
If you finished this, restore your BackupNAND from the old SD Card into the hidden Partition of the new SD Card

I didn't tested it yet, but normally it should work

Well something happened, I used my ds flashcart while on CFW - now the ds profile is gone :(
Guess I have to do everything again.

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello Guys, I want to buy me a 2DS / 3ds used ; I already have a 3DS then I would be more interested in buying a 2DS , however I would like to know if it is possible with the new exploit gateway install the custom firmware . maybe someone who has a 2DS DayOne with firmware 6.x or 9.2 might try to do the procedure using the new exploit .

Excuse me for my english

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

can I install this exploit using my r4i gold deluxe? If so can anyone who has done so offer any info as the steps in the OP seem different to what I'd expect?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o