Hacking 4.87 HFW PKG problems

Joki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, new guy on the forum.
Yesterday I installed the HFW4.87 on my PS3 Slim hoping to replay some classics like GOW and the like during this pandemic
I installed the new firmware, HEN, and MultiMan without problems but I had issues with finding good game files on the internet (after 7 downloads I could only play 3 of the games), and after some looking online I found a bunch of different "freeshops" for downloading games directly.
The first one I downloaded and installed was PKGi and it appeared to work just fine. it opened up and started to download the game (Portal 2) normally but the download speed was very slow (around 150kbps), so I stopped the download and after looking some more I found the Obikuni-MultiStore and decided to try it instead. After downloading the newest version and transferring it to my USB I popped the USB in and started the PKG installation using the package manager (like how I did Multiman and PKGi store) and the install was successful but the new folder was nowhere to be found.

I tried to install it again and the same thing happened. The installation goes to 100%, it says installation finished, I press "O" to go back and the new app was not there. After that I tried some other PKG files like the older version of the Obikuni store or the "HAN StuffBrowser" and the HAN Toolbox (different versions) but the same thing keeps happening. After the installation the XMB refreshes (the icons disappear for a split second) but nothing ever happens.
I tried to install the PKGs over MultiMan but it didn't help. I also tried to toggle the option on Multiman for PKG instalation to over a Bubble and I find it in the different folder in package manager and install it like that and still nothing.

I then thought I will have to be patient and use the PKGi store, and to test it out I downloaded Angry Birds but the same thing happened with the game PKG as well. It installed but the game did not appear anywhere.
I tried to look in other directories using Multiman in case It was installed somewhere else but it was not. Also I think that if the PKG is already installed it will tell you if you try to install the same version again, and since I can install it as many times as I want without any warning I think that the problem is with the installation itself.

I could not find anyone with similar problems online so here I am making this long post.
Sorry for the long post (No potato, sorry) but i wanted to explain my process step by step in case I did something very stupid so you guys can point it out sooner :)

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, new guy on the forum.
Yesterday I installed the HFW4.87 on my PS3 Slim hoping to replay some classics like GOW and the like during this pandemic
I installed the new firmware, HEN, and MultiMan without problems but I had issues with finding good game files on the internet (after 7 downloads I could only play 3 of the games), and after some looking online I found a bunch of different "freeshops" for downloading games directly.
The first one I downloaded and installed was PKGi and it appeared to work just fine. it opened up and started to download the game (Portal 2) normally but the download speed was very slow (around 150kbps), so I stopped the download and after looking some more I found the Obikuni-MultiStore and decided to try it instead. After downloading the newest version and transferring it to my USB I popped the USB in and started the PKG installation using the package manager (like how I did Multiman and PKGi store) and the install was successful but the new folder was nowhere to be found.

I tried to install it again and the same thing happened. The installation goes to 100%, it says installation finished, I press "O" to go back and the new app was not there. After that I tried some other PKG files like the older version of the Obikuni store or the "HAN StuffBrowser" and the HAN Toolbox (different versions) but the same thing keeps happening. After the installation the XMB refreshes (the icons disappear for a split second) but nothing ever happens.
I tried to install the PKGs over MultiMan but it didn't help. I also tried to toggle the option on Multiman for PKG instalation to over a Bubble and I find it in the different folder in package manager and install it like that and still nothing.

I then thought I will have to be patient and use the PKGi store, and to test it out I downloaded Angry Birds but the same thing happened with the game PKG as well. It installed but the game did not appear anywhere.
I tried to look in other directories using Multiman in case It was installed somewhere else but it was not. Also I think that if the PKG is already installed it will tell you if you try to install the same version again, and since I can install it as many times as I want without any warning I think that the problem is with the installation itself.

I could not find anyone with similar problems online so here I am making this long post.
Sorry for the long post (No potato, sorry) but i wanted to explain my process step by step in case I did something very stupid so you guys can point it out sooner :)

Multiman and pkgi are .pkg so you got those installed fine. Use isos or folder format for games and be done with pkg games, they slow to install. I converted all my folder games to iso and never looked back.

Joki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiman and pkgi are .pkg so you got those installed fine. Use isos or folder format for games and be done with pkg games, they slow to install. I converted all my folder games to iso and never looked back.

As I said, I have trouble with finding good game files online (Something like downloading a 10 GB rar file, unpacking it, and finding out you can not run it). So for me the freestore apps which directly download the game to the PS3 are a good option for me. Also i don't have to fire up my potato PC to download games.

Also the issue is that I can not install any PKG files anymore (I am assuming that things like backup managers or emulators are installed over PKGs as well).

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I have trouble with finding good game files online (Something like downloading a 10 GB rar file, unpacking it, and finding out you can not run it). So for me the freestore apps which directly download the game to the PS3 are a good option for me. Also i don't have to fire up my potato PC to download games.

Also the issue is that I can not install any PKG files anymore (I am assuming that things like backup managers or emulators are installed over PKGs as well).

Good Luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.