Hacking 4.3 to 4.1 and DVDx

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ive been reading some info on wiibrew regarding dvdx can be instaled on 4.1 systems if my wii has been upfraded to 4.3 then back to 4.1 can i still instal DVDx as it states?

http://wiibrew.org/w...Homebrew_status
I'm pretty sure there is a DVDx alternative nowadays, that's why it was dropped.

That said, only 2008 (very early) Wii's can play DVD's anyways, so check your serial number before even bothering.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ive been reading some info on wiibrew regarding dvdx can be instaled on 4.1 systems if my wii has been upgraded to 4.3 from a previous mod then back to 4.1 to fix the brick that occored from a disc update, can i still instal DVDx as it states?

I had DVDs working before but not now since the fix.

http://wiibrew.org/w...Homebrew_status
You don't need DVDX, but never update past 4.1.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok this is the third thread that you state that you have problems with DVD's, can you please check if legit disc copies work on your Wii...?? DVDx is no longer needed at all, as the function as been implemented in several cIOSes, if your disc drive is damaged, it wouldn't be the first one, so please post a complete status report of your Wii and stop making threads with questions that you think is going to give you the answer that you overlooked, DVD reading is not good enough anyway, not even for data discs, just for a couple of games...!! :)

(I mean if you really want help from all of these guys...!!)

jbogart1973

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok this is the third thread that you state that you have problems with DVD's, can you please check if legit disc copies work on your Wii...?? DVDx is no longer needed at all, as the function as been implemented in several cIOSes, if your disc drive is damaged, it wouldn't be the first one, so please post a complete status report of your Wii and stop making threads with questions that you think is going to give you the answer that you overlooked, DVD reading is not good enough anyway, not even for data discs, just for a couple of games...!! :)

(I mean if you really want help from all of these guys...!!)
ok so hears the deal i got this wii from a freind, it was 4.3 u and was able to play wii original games through the disc loader, and play burnt movies in wiimc, and neo gamma , but was semi bricked as i could not enter into the settings menu the wii would just load to a black screen so i remodded it, did a nand back yada yada yada followed alll the steps. and downgraded the 4.3 to a 4.1 ( so since it was able to play dvds before, but some one ran a disc update by accedent, it reloaded it back to 4.3 from whatever it was previously 4.0 perhaps ?) and hence the semi brick issue) my question is can all these issues and fixs that have happened and been done disabled the dvd drive in any way ?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing disables the wii's DVD drive other than the drive itself failing, or the laser failing, regardless of what system menu you are on, or any hacks you have done in all times.
Just chalk it up as a drive gone bad and use a USB loader with a HD and you'll have better results anyways......

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
either you are missing the necesary IOS/cIOS to load the game or make WiiMC to work, this is in case that you messed up the downgrade, or your disc drive is gone, there is nothing else that will make it work, can you still read legit/retail copies at least...??

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
either you are missing the necesary IOS/cIOS to load the game or make WiiMC to work, this is in case that you messed up the downgrade, or your disc drive is gone, there is nothing else that will make it work, can you still read legit/retail copies at least...??
Downgrading to 4.1 wouldn't cause the problem. It doesn't have all the anti-homebrew crap that 4.3 does (but all the latest features), so he is just better off as far as the System Menu is concerned.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've read about people deleting every IOS exept for the one holding the SM, that is what I'm talking about when I say "messed up the downgrade"...!! :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-