Hacking 4.2 or 4.3

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im new to this hacking and want to try putting on hbc, now im on 4.2 already, should i hack it from 4.2? or should i update to 4.3 then hack, i have ssbb inorder to do the hack, also how should i have the folders on my sdhc so that i can do this?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no sense to update to 4.3, this firmware will only remove the bannerbomb exploit and delete the old homebrew channel and DVDx. The only new thing is IOS58, but you can install it with THIS.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to update to 4.3 just to be safe

yes im going to be a lil annoying but how should i have my sd card set up? where should all the files be so that i dont mess up and brick my wii,

also im confused on backing up my wii games, is the latest dumper on the wii going to be able to dump all the games i have so far?

also will it dump to my HDD via usb?

will i need to patch any of my games for my wii to read and boot?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use xzxero's guide (it's at the top of the page in the hacking section) or the complete softmod guide.

here are some answers to your other questions:

QUOTE said:
also im confused on backing up my wii games, is the latest dumper on the wii going to be able to dump all the games i have so far?
also will it dump to my HDD via usb?

you can use superdump to back up your games onto DVD-Rs, or dump them onto a hard drive using Usb loaders like wiiflow. All official wii discs can be dumped using these methods.

QUOTEwill i need to patch any of my games for my wii to read and boot?

Current USB loaders like wiiflow or CFG USB loader will be able to play nearly all games (other than a few IOS reloading games) and patching shouldn't be necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!