Hacking 4.0 and modchips

russelcrowebar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, thanks for having me on this forum. I apologize for the n00b nature of my question. I'm new to wii hacking, though I recently installed HBC on my roommate's wii successfully through twilight hack. Fun adventure.

Anyway, on to my query. I've enjoyed playing my roommate's wii and I'm thinking about getting my own since I'm moving in 4 weeks. Of course, mine will probably come loaded with 4.0. I'm looking at getting a modchip since I don't know enough about downgrading/IOSs/etc. to trust myself performing a soft hack in its entirety, even if a simpler solution were to come out for 4.0u.

Therefore, my question is, do modchips work on 4.0u, and if so, which is the best/easiest to install? Solderless is a must, with my clumsiness I'd end up with solder all over the place. I was looking specifically at drivekey.

Advice?

Thanks, I look forward to meeting all of you.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A modchip will work fine on 4.0, the system cannot detect it.
Flatcable chips (like drivekey indeed) are the easiest way, no soldering required at all

But 4.0 is quite new, I don't think Wii's in the stores have that fw yet. You might get one with 3.3 or 3.4. Those FW's will allow you to install hombrew. Such as the new upcoming USB Iso loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...