anyone willing to sell me their old wii modchip?

Aat_m8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
basically i have an error 003 and i need a modchip (and no the wii doesnt have anything installed on it not homebrew not nothing)
and i've been having a very hard time lately trying to get just one solderless wii modchip, i have messaged so many suppliers from china and had no good luck
so now im looking for anyone thats willing to sell their old used wii modchip (that works obv)
if you do then please by all means message (sorry for the desperateness lmao :) )

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically i have an error 003 and i need a modchip (and no the wii doesnt have anything installed on it not homebrew not nothing)
and i've been having a very hard time lately trying to get just one solderless wii modchip, i have messaged so many suppliers from china and had no good luck
so now im looking for anyone thats willing to sell their old used wii modchip (that works obv)
if you do then please by all means message (sorry for the desperateness lmao :) )
Softmod your wii

• Haha
Reactions: Alexander1970

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're better off looking at Ebay for these exotic modchips.

I see a couple of listings for WODE Jukebox on Ebay (all in the $200+ USD range lol), and 2 other listings for drive chip mods.

Or if you're technically inclined and your Wii is compatible, make your own drive chip mod.

Also, I see why you're asking for modchips lol

Aat_m8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
update: i opened up my old wii which has a broken drive and i found a soldered d2d v1.1 modchip
now i need to unsolder the modchip and place it on a new drive
anyone knows what the compatible drives are with the d2d v1.1 modchip
thanks in advance
1666260708689.png

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: i opened up my old wii which has a broken drive and i found a soldered d2d v1.1 modchip
thanks in advance View attachment 332862

Can't find much info on it. All I could find was some untrustworthy info about it only supporting DCD and DCD-2 drives, so take that with a grain of salt.

Why not experiment and see if swapping the board from the broken drive over to the working one will work? It'd be a lot less painful than soldering directly to the board again.

Aat_m8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Can't find much info on it. All I could find was some untrustworthy info about it only supporting DCD and DCD-2 drives, so take that with a grain of salt.

Why not experiment and see if swapping the board from the broken drive over to the working one will work? It'd be a lot less painful than soldering directly to the board again.
i tried that already, the problem itself is within the drive motherboard itself

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or if you're technically inclined and your Wii is compatible, make your own drive chip mod.
Just to point out, YAOSM is not compatible with D2C drives and therefore only works with drives ranging from DMS-D2B (according to the readme). The drive in the picture is a D2C from what I can tell.
Post automatically merged:

thanks in advance View attachment 332862
The D2D V1.1 is most likely a WiiKey 2 clone, it uses the same diagram and a Lattice chip but lacks an EEPROM. It should be compatible with drives ranging from D2C-D2E.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Aat_m8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Just to point out, YAOSM is not compatible with D2C drives and therefore only works with drives ranging from DMS-D2B (according to the readme). The drive in the picture is a D2C from what I can tell.
Post automatically merged:

The D2D V1.1 is most likely a WiiKey 2 clone, it uses the same diagram and a Lattice chip but lacks an EEPROM. It should be compatible with drives ranging from D2C-D2E.
what about the mod chip named k-bridge it looks like the loadmod modchip any info you have about that one?

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How come if it doesn't have homebrew? Error 003 is commonly caused on Korean Wiis if the system was region changed, this is usually done by softmodding.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your disc drive should be alright, although games won't load because the system is locked. You will only notice problems if either the disc spins for a while and then stops, or in serious cases it doesn't spin at all. Your only hope of recovering the system is to perform the "MarioKart-PWNS" swap trick or boot from a auto-bootable recovery disc.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How come if it doesn't have homebrew? Error 003 is commonly caused on Korean Wiis if the system was region changed, this is usually done by softmodding.
In some areas of the world, there were a lot of sellers buying Korean Wiis in bulk, region changing them and reselling them as a local Wii but cheaper. Depending on how sketchy the seller is, they might remove any traces of modding to make it seem more legit.
Dad bought one such Wii in Singapore, the seller was honest about the fact that it was a region changed Korean Wii, not all sellers are like that.
Also, there's no requirement to install HBC in order to region change a Wii. A reseller doing region changing in bulk might just have a SD card with all the needed files on it and an exploit game. Insert game and SD, load exploit which boots directly into AnyRegionChanger and change region, (optionally if they want to install extras like pirated VC and WiiWare games) swap to SD with different files, load exploit again which boots directly into WAD manager and install folder with wads, rinse and repeat. HBC (at least at the time) couldn't be installed from a WAD so that would have been an extra step needed which was not necessary. I don't think HBC was installed on my dad's Wii, I remember having to use Bannerbomb in order to mod it with cIOS, USB loader etc.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.