Hacking 3k3y won't need CFW

Solo761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm, this looks interesting. I might cancel my cobra ode preorder... Or better yet, I will :). Cobra ODE is still without ETA, 3k3y at least exists. Waiting for Cobra ODE or for 3k3y addon is probably the same, except 3k3y is proven to work :). Plus, we know in what format backups need to be. For Cobra ODE we don't know what will be needed. I asked them that question after they posted faq on their site, will there be way to convert JB backups (like you can for 3k3y), or will we have to re rip them but I never got a reply.

Only potential upside to Cobra ODE is homebrew (although probably risky for PSN), and the ability to backup games directly (or so they say).

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that would swing my vote would be PS1/PS2 ISO support for BC models. They both claim that they will offer this through updates.

But homebrew for alternative browsers or reactpsn would be nice.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The thing that would swing my vote would be PS1/PS2 ISO support for BC models. They both claim that they will offer this through updates.

But homebrew for alternative browsers or reactpsn would be nice.
Homebrew is confirmed working by the 3k3y Team ;)

Walkin

travel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, this is on their facebook page:

We get a lot of questions about 2 things:

- Theres is no need to downgrade the firmware for key extraction with the upcoming 3k3y firmware. Any stock firmware on any system, including super slim, will do.

- Homebrew loading is supported!

Their website says PS2, PSX games are supported on the older systems.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... 3Key is an solution for my Superslim PS3:

Model No. CECH 4000B
Original Firmware: The newest

:unsure:

Any if yes: Where can i buy it?

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds nice!

Not sure when the updated cards will be rolled out.

So the current Cards/Kits are absolutely incompatible with my PS3, right? These Kits are made of so many parts :wacko: - I hope i will be smart enough to buy the right one when the time has come :P

Walkin

travel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds nice!

So the current Cards/Kits are absolutely incompatible with my PS3, right? These Kits are made of so many parts :wacko: - I hope i will be smart enough to buy the right one when the time has come :P

I believe the current ones will work, they just have to have their firmware updated. Not 100% sure on that, but that's the way I understand it.

Solo761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
On 25k, 30k and 40k new adapter boards and soldering will be needed. Main 3k3y board will be the same.

On older systems current 3k3y (SATA for slim and some phats, and PATA for most phats) will work. Firmware update will be needed for this new functionality (no need for CFW to retrieve keys and so on...)

dan5953

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to find anywhere where it would say if it will work if your BD drive is broken. Does anyone know if it will? Thanks.

Walkin

travel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox version works with a broken drive as long as you can get the keys. I suspect this would work the same way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY